PWRD_by_HKS *questions b-4 i turbo

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
PWRD_BY_HKS

PWRD_by_HKS *questions b-4 i turbo

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

guys .... the desicion is made i will boost at the end of the month....

couple of last questions...
1 do i need to change anything out as far as fuel or internals... i will only boost 4 lbs
2 will it be ok if i roll with a side mount intercooler... im going for a sleeper look...plus i cant find the inter cooler piping!

3 how much of a gain am i looking at

4 the distribuitor i ordered my manifold from said it would be a month before they got it.... this is Ox racing.... does anyone know another distribuitor....

5 any problems you may have had that would make my install easier let me know

6. is the kl-36 ecu good for boost or does it need to get re programmed

7 im going with a t3 t4 garret turbo .... is that ok.. thumbs up or down

8 last but not least .... do i need an afc?

thanks guys please help me out i want to do this to prove honda drivers in my city that they dont own the world!
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

get a MS-II they work great for the KL motors. instead of the safc bull shyt.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Re: PWRD_by_HKS *questions b-4 i turbo

Post by babyblueMX3 »

PWRD_BY_HKS wrote:guys .... the desicion is made i will boost at the end of the month....

couple of last questions...
1 do i need to change anything out as far as fuel or internals... i will only boost 4 lbs
You SHOULD be alright with the stock injectors and goof rrfpr

2 will it be ok if i roll with a side mount intercooler... im going for a sleeper look...plus i cant find the inter cooler piping!
it will be ok

3 how much of a gain am i looking at
someone around here with stand alone on 3.63psi (lol at the precision) made around 220whp. Depending on tuning I guess you'll be near 200whp

4 the distribuitor i ordered my manifold from said it would be a month before they got it.... this is Ox racing.... does anyone know another distribuitor....
Don't know them

5 any problems you may have had that would make my install easier let me know
You'll learn as you go through it

6. is the kl-36 ecu good for boost or does it need to get re programmed
just add a rrfpr and you'll be fine, you're only boosting 4psi. I have boosted 5psi on a cartech fmu for a while

7 im going with a t3 t4 garret turbo .... is that ok.. thumbs up or down
it's ok depending on the trim, a/r and brand (is it a genuine Garrett). There is a zillion t3/t4 turbo out there. It also depends on what kind of power range you want. More detail needed

8 last but not least .... do i need an afc?
most people found out that it doesn't work well with our ecu's. I'd suggest a rrfpr like vortech or cartech to start with

thanks guys please help me out i want to do this to prove honda drivers in my city that they dont own the world!
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

Thanks baby blue I'm looking for a 50 trim what do you think.
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

PWRD_BY_HKS wrote:Thanks baby blue I'm looking for a 50 trim what do you think.
well like I said, what kind of power range are you shooting for ? crazy high end or torquy low end power?

50trim is a nice all around turbo but again depending on the a/r of the compressor and turbine
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

I'm looking for a nice torque feeling as I accelerate.

As far as the fpr you were talking about what do you recommend the local shops just have some inline fpr's with gauges but I'm not sure if it will work. Could you kick me in the right direction as far as what I should be looking for. Thanks all your help is appreciated after all boosting my car was inspired by that bad a-- baby blue Mx. Thanks man.
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I cant wait to see the finished product in person! :D
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “Forced Induction”