mx3 with DE or Mustang

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
cstott282

mx3 with DE or Mustang

Post by cstott282 »

okay need your opinions my friend has a 06 or 07 mustang i cant remember waht but its Not the GT , its stick but he is horrid at driving, if everythig goes right i should be picking up a DE next sat. what you guys think would i have a chance., i would have Headers and intake on the DE
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Sure, I beat older V8 Stangs with my K8, not the GT or better, but still. We get them in the low end when we have traction and they do not. If he knows how to launch the RWD and extra HP might get you, but you have a fair shot.
The V6 is 210 and 246 tq, but the car weighs a good bit more than the MX-3.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

i agree with pat i have taken mustangs b4 with my K8 a de with headers and intake should have something like 40 HP more than the K8. and the mustang is at a weight dissadvantage and wont have very much traction i think you should take him
RED CAR: 94 MX-3 GS soon to be GS-R Engine: K8 weapon R intake, racing cat, pacesetter exhaust, 8.5 MM wires. Suspension and Breaks: Ground control coilovers, KYB GR2 struts, front and rear strut bars, crossdrilled rotors. Wheels and tires: ADV revolution 17" with Fuzion ZRI rubber. Body: Mazdaspeed front bumper, brand new paint job. Interior: X2 racing seats w/ 4 Pt harnesses, underglow under the dash, carbon fibre gauge bezel, reverse glow gauges, Painted trim Stereo: sony xplod head unit, pioneer 3 ways all around, rockford fosgate amp, lightning audio 1 farad capacitor, dual eclipse 12" subs. WHITE CAR: 93 MX-3 GS-R Engine: KL-ZE weapon R intake, SS autochrome headers, racing cat, 2.25 echaust with dual fartcan, curved neck intake and TB, intake and TB spacers, Stage 3 six puck clutch, 8.5 MM wires ordering fidanza flywheel this week. Suspension and Breaks: STOCK. Wheels and tires: STOCK with 225 bfgoodrich euro T/A rubber. Body: STOCK nasty and dirty car sat for four years before i brought it back to life, hood scoop. Interior: STRIPPED Stereo: Pioneer head unit, infinity 3 ways all around, rock ford fosgate amp, single 12" rockford punch sub
mzdamx3rsdohc

Post by mzdamx3rsdohc »

the new v6's are as quick as older gts their in the 14's stock which if a probe is low 15's u should be high 14's id say a drivers race cause ud take him till probably 4th thats when his power and torque may make up a bit but the 1/4 miles over there neways...if he can launch i wouldnt go from a dig just cause fwd cant launch like a rwd its easier to push a wheel barrow then pull right but from a roll if u held er up to 7200-7500 u take him but shifting in the mid to high 6's hed take u just make sure u catch every gear in vris which u have to take first to 7500 basically to do so...ull definatyl take him if he cant drive and doesnt hold it out just tell him to shift at 5000 to stay in his torque band...lmao... put some$ on it u should be on top
dohc b6, intake, exhaust, miata cams ready to go in
cstott282

Post by cstott282 »

hah yeah, i remember when he had his 99 mustang ( auto Base model) i beat it with my 323... and he said " he wasnt trying" lol it was funny cause the thing was., i really wasnt haha
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

it's 4.0L if I'm not mistaken
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
facko

Post by facko »

when i had my b6de turbo'd i was running like 8-10lbs of boost and i left my friends 5.0 automatic in the dust LOL it was hilarious to me cuz he had been toying with me all day about it....mx-3 ftw tho 8)
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

yah i took a 03 cobra on the way to BC one year. with my DE..... a B6DE turbo lol. smoked him so bad, he was cursing up a storm, then wouldent even get next to me.

they are slow the new V6's are week too. my brothers stock 96GT took a bran new GT to town.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

took on 03 cobra? You must be one hell of a driver. What's your setup.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Click the links in his sig. All the specs are there.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

mitmaks wrote:took on 03 cobra? You must be one hell of a driver. What's your setup.
he's a b6 turbo. but either way aren't the 03 cobras 390hp supercharged. If he seriously smoked it like he said Congrats.lol
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

ya the new mustangs arent that fast since they are so friggen heavy.... the last style of stangs are nice not too heavy and they have decent power... i still think the 5.0 was the best mustang yet since it has the most potential even with the slightest mods done to it.
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”