Guys, what's stock ride height? H&R spring ride height?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Whisper

Guys, what's stock ride height? H&R spring ride height?

Post by Whisper »

Anyone know the measurements on the stock ride height? From the center of wheel to the apex of the fender lip. Or if you haven't lowered your car yet, could you measure it for me? Measure vertically only, so the offset and wheel width don’t interfere.

OR, if you have H&R springs with Tokiko blues or similar struts, could you also measure your vertical wheel center to fender apex distance?

I have H&R springs and I'm trying to determine if they're sagging or not. My ride seems a bit too low and getting very rough, even with fat tires. And I'm starting to hear the coil slap more and more lately. I wonder if my springs are worn and getting weaker. They came with the car, so I don't know their age and wear, or the abuse they took. I'd just like to check if I'm within spec or not.

So if you guys could get me those easy measurements, I'd appreciate it. Inches or metric, either one is fine.

Thanks.
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

And just to give you an idea of what I'm asking about, here are my measurements I just took:

Front Left: 311mm
Front Right: 316mm
Rear Left: 335mm
Rear Right: 335mm

Seems I'm actually sagging 5mm on the front driver side.
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Aw come on. Anyone? I know for a fact that a ton of people here have stock- or H&R-springed MX3s.
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Bump. I still need this.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Take it easy there bud, give people a change. I just came across this thread this moment and I have H&R's, but I have no measuring device, they're all at work, so the soonest i'd be able to find out would be Monday.

I had issues with my B+G's, they looked like they were sagging in the rear, and one side more than the other and the tire would rub cornering hard. I though the springs just settled too low over time so i got new ones...turns out the rear strut mounts where rusting away...although your issue is with the front, and rusting on those are less likely to happen, but just to say tho, it may not be the springs themselves
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

I've got H&R, and they look like that some times, but I think it may just be the struts or something. But they're not that old on my car as I installed them only about a year ago, and they sometimes look like that since new.
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Take it easy there bud, give people a change. I just came across this thread this moment and I have H&R's, but I have no measuring device, they're all at work, so the soonest i'd be able to find out would be Monday.

I had issues with my B+G's, they looked like they were sagging in the rear, and one side more than the other and the tire would rub cornering hard. I though the springs just settled too low over time so i got new ones...turns out the rear strut mounts where rusting away...although your issue is with the front, and rusting on those are less likely to happen, but just to say tho, it may not be the springs themselves
Heh, you don't even have a simple ruler? I figured it'd be a common household item... But yeah, when you get the chance.

I'll check strut mounts and everything, if it turns out that I'm too low. But if it turns out I'm fine, then I won't have to take anything apart to check. Know what I mean? I'm definitely not ruling out other factors.
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

lakersfan1 wrote:I've got H&R, and they look like that some times, but I think it may just be the struts or something. But they're not that old on my car as I installed them only about a year ago, and they sometimes look like that since new.
So can you measure for me? I'm curious to see. Thanks.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Whisper wrote:
lakersfan1 wrote:I've got H&R, and they look like that some times, but I think it may just be the struts or something. But they're not that old on my car as I installed them only about a year ago, and they sometimes look like that since new.
So can you measure for me? I'm curious to see. Thanks.
I don't have my car on me. It's been out in Snoquimish or some place out east King County at some Cartunes guys' house getting a stereo install for the last month. I don't think I'll get it back for another 2 weeks or so.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Whisper wrote:Heh, you don't even have a simple ruler? I figured it'd be a common household item... But yeah, when you get the chance..
Lol, no actually. I though of that too but I couldn't find one, but we're a bunch of guys living in a condo for work, paid by work. I even just broke into the supersivor's room (he's gone for the weekend) and he doesn't have a ruler that I can find either. But I'll let you know when i can.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

lakersfan1 wrote:
I don't have my car on me. It's been out in Snoquimish or some place out east King County at some Cartunes guys' house getting a stereo install for the last month. I don't think I'll get it back for another 2 weeks or so.
Wow, a month and a half to install a stereo? Are you getting a 100-man live orchestra crammed in there or something? :?
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Well...?
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Sorry, the tape measurers we have are only in SAE, but mine were all 13" arond the vehicle. I measured from the center (the best i could) to the apex of the fender lip, but I used the center of the outter bulging of the lip where i could rest my tape measurer against to get a proper reading
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Ah, there we go. Thanks, man!

Do you have anything heavy in the trunk, like a woofer or something, that could possibly lean the car back a bit? Also, which struts do you have?

I'm about 13" in the back, but only 12.5" in the front. Hmm...
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Lol, actually I have nothing in the back, I have the CarPC out, the sub out, and even the back seat out at the moment....the only thing left is the second battery and my spare, which is a full size 17" Konig Helium

I'm running Koni Red's for struts

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”