megasquirt wiring trouble.

A section dedicated to Engine Mangement Systems & Engine Tuning. Megasquirt, SMS, Haltek, ect.
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

megasquirt wiring trouble.

Post by Dali »

hey, i have my megasquirt installed but am having some problems. has anyone hooked one of these up in a gs. i have the wiring diagram from shadome on probetalk but it wont fire up, i dont imagine the wiring harness is different from the mx3 to probe. as far as i can tell im not getting fuel, the fan runs all the time as well. have tried 2 different computers and neither work, the first one freezes as soon as the car get turned on, the other just will not interact with the ms. basically just looking for a wiring diagram or write up.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Yeah the wiring harness is a bit different.. thre are some weird yellow connectors that dont seem to match up the fuse boxes? let me know if u get it to work.. thatw ay we can just get the harnesses for thr probe gt.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
ccreech

Post by ccreech »

I got your hook up. It is an Excel file that I modified from a Probe wiring guide. It will tell you the right pins on your current ECU as well as wire colors in the harness. Give me your email, or someone tell me where to host it so that we can sticky this baby.

Your problem sounds more like one of software incompadibility. Are you running the most current version of the MS Software? It has to match with the version of MegaTune you are using or things won't work right. I am assuming by computer you mean laptop/pc...not ECU
93 GS KLZE Straight Neck (Parked)
Green Turd of MOCA
Car Domain
Dali
Supporting Member

Post by Dali »

sweet, my email is unclesluggo@shaw.ca , it is laptop problems i have been having. i have about 3 different wiring harness diagrams and none of them are right, so i tried to check from the ecu side to the sensors in the bay but i was getting weird readings from multiple wires. i have the current ms program as well as the one that came with the unit from when i bought it off probetalk, its been pretty much a no go, not having much time this last year to get it running either, now a little more time to play but the motor is getting pulled for a rebuild.
ccreech

Post by ccreech »

Sent
Green Turd of MOCA
Car Domain
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Add me to MSN: ez_4_fun@hotmail.com

I have diagrams that worked fine for me.

MSnS

I've been squirting for over a year now. No tach signal in the cluster, but i don't think there is a way around that.
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com
ccreech

Post by ccreech »

EZ_4_FUN wrote:Add me to MSN: ez_4_fun@hotmail.com

MSnS

I've been squirting for over a year now. No tach signal in the cluster, but i don't think there is a way around that.
Umm...I just tapped into the wire. Tach Works fine.
Green Turd of MOCA
Car Domain
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Can you send me your wiring diagram. I'd like to take a look at how you were able to keep the rpm signal in the cluster.

Are you running MSD with external coil?

oscardevesa@sympatico.ca

Thanks
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

Dali
Supporting Member

Post by Dali »

hey thanks for the help oscar, i will get in contact with you when i have some free time. i have added you to msn. been working 14 hour days, moms been in the hospital from stroke and heart problems and just having money/woman troubles. just a very bad month.
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

When the diagram is finished and confirmed correct, email it to me nope@nope.no and I`ll put it online for everyone to get.

Might even be what I need to do the MS myself ;)

-n
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
ccreech

Post by ccreech »

It is correct and it is stickied exactly one post above this one. When I say correct, I mean correct for my set up which is NA ZE with stock disty, just ike I explain in my post. Some people might need to alter it for their set-up...but I wouldn't call that correcting. Just because it isn't what you need doesn't mean its not right.
Green Turd of MOCA
Car Domain
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

MSnS

did you use the diagram I sent ya ?
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

babyblueMX3 wrote:

MSnS

did you use the diagram I sent ya ?
Yep, and at best you get the spiked signal with only MSD, but that was lost after installing megasquirt .

I dont think there is a way around it. Unless we have some keen electrical engineers that want to analyze our cluster and determine how to condition the signal.
OSKY

nightnic

Post by nightnic »

ccreech? can you send this to me also, nightnic@mail.ru
besides i have my own megasquirt to setup, I'll put that file to my hosting so that everybody will be able to get that.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

It would be best to pm or email him. I don't think Chris is on here often. (CCreech)
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “Engine Electronics/Tuning”