After Race-Header installation ticking noise on accelaration

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
capamx3

After Race-Header installation ticking noise on accelaration

Post by capamx3 »

After I installed my Race-Header from XS-Power I´ve a hand full of problems, first the connection pipe was to long, I´ve shortened it 6mm, now it´s right but I´ve since installation a ticking noise like a leaky exhaust pipe between 2500-end in accelaration....but everything is sealed...I think it´s the EGR but I´m not sure, because i can´t test it when the car is lifted up...
Has anybody same problems?
Timing-Belt with everything is new, oil is new, clutch etc. but I´m sure that it comes from the f******* header...
Master of big-bored throttlebody!
Mods:
Venom VCN-1000 NOS, custom lightened flywheel, 6pads race-clutch, custom big-bored-tb, modded fuel-pressure, race-header, 100cpi catalytic converter, 2 1/2" midpipe, short-shifter, 60/45mm KAW/Kayaba Suspension/Shock-Kit, Zimmerman Drilled Brake Disk, Stainless Steel Brake & Clutch Line, Exhaust Fogging System, Custom Made Alpha-N-Controlling, Apexi RSM, Water-Alcohol-Injection, 2 Lambda-Meter,
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Easiest way to find the leak is to take it to an exhasut shop and let them find it. Otherwise you can use a small piece of paper and move it around all the joints in the exhaust system. You will see the paper flutter when it gets around the leak.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

or, you could use some seafoam. 2 birds with one stone, ull clean out your engine and find craks in the exhaust.
capamx3

Post by capamx3 »

my english is not so good do you mean with seafoam saltwater or something?
Mods:
Venom VCN-1000 NOS, custom lightened flywheel, 6pads race-clutch, custom big-bored-tb, modded fuel-pressure, race-header, 100cpi catalytic converter, 2 1/2" midpipe, short-shifter, 60/45mm KAW/Kayaba Suspension/Shock-Kit, Zimmerman Drilled Brake Disk, Stainless Steel Brake & Clutch Line, Exhaust Fogging System, Custom Made Alpha-N-Controlling, Apexi RSM, Water-Alcohol-Injection, 2 Lambda-Meter,
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

seafoam is a product used to clean out a car engine. Go to http://www.youtube.com and type in seafoam. You will see what it is used for and how it is used. if there is a crack in your exhaust system the thick white smoke from the seafoam will show through.
capamx3

Post by capamx3 »

Ah okay...i´ve seen what it is....problem is, here in germany there isn´t any possibility to buy it...and i think I´ve got a problem with it too...because the point is, that the shitty noise is just under accaleration on driving, not on putting the pedal down while standing....I´ve tested the exhaust with soap-water...no bubbles...I´m shortly before building it back to stock components...
Mods:
Cy

Post by Cy »

94mx3precidia wrote:or, you could use some seafoam. 2 birds with one stone, ull clean out your engine and find craks in the exhaust.
x2x2

Seafoam ROCKS...for a clean engine AND for finding exhaust leaks
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

x2x2

Seafoam ROCKS...for a clean engine AND for finding exhaust leaks
Careful you dont use it on high kilm cars. the rumor has it that if you use it on high klm cars the seafoarm actually removes carbon stuck in the cylinder grooves which help old piston rings seat well. But if you remove that carbon youve got nothing keeping the oil back and you will begin to burn oil.

On the asaefoam it recommends to not use it on cars that have past the 150,000klm mark. But i think that if you do regular maintenence, take care of your car, and know its history you could probably get away with 200,000klm's.
Cy

Post by Cy »

Even on my old motor which had 240k on it I put a full can to 1/2 a tank...
It recommends 1/2 can to full tank i believe...?

it ran alot better for a good 2 weeks....(that motor burned a liter a month)
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

Cy wrote:Even on my old motor which had 240k on it I put a full can to 1/2 a tank...

it reccomends 1/3 in the engine, 1/3 in gas tank, 1/3 in the oil.
But putting it in the oil uis a little iffy for me, seeing as how seafoam will most likely going to thin out the oil.
Cy

Post by Cy »

94mx3precidia wrote:
Cy wrote:Even on my old motor which had 240k on it I put a full can to 1/2 a tank...

it reccomends 1/3 in the engine, 1/3 in gas tank, 1/3 in the oil.
But putting it in the oil uis a little iffy for me, seeing as how seafoam will most likely going to thin out the oil.

when u put it in the oil your only suppose to run it for 50-150km before you do an oilchange...it's used as a flush in that case...

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”