Failed Lambo door group buy...

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
bgracing

Post by bgracing »

Hi,

First off Blu_Lu you were told that the 90 Degree kit would have to be redesigned for that vehicle and all vehicles in general after you provided us with excellent feedback inorder to better our products. We are moving along with this order as quickly as we can and if you could shoot me an email to kwesley@xtreme-doors.com I will be happy to help you out with this order.

Reuben, we are still waiting as well as the shocks you requested are a special order Item, for future reference please use PM.

And Jarid, the new shocks utilize different end fittings thus allowing them to still use the previous mounting locations.

Still waiting to hear from people on payments for the non-90 Degree kits, and now would like to know what is going on with the payments for the 90 Degree kits as well.

Thanks,
Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
bgracing

Post by bgracing »

Hi,

Also Mark we shot you an email on Friday.

Thanks,
Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

bgracing wrote: Still waiting to hear from people on payments for the non-90 Degree kits, and now would like to know what is going on with the payments for the 90 Degree kits as well.

Thanks,
Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
Have you contacted the two members on the 60 degree kits? I can try and call them if needed. Please let me know.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
magiccowinuse

Post by magiccowinuse »

Kyle, the center of the top hole to the center of the hole just below it is 3 3/8 inches. If I do not hear back from you by tomorrow I will give you a call.

What did you hear about these shocks. Did you contact them to find out if they got "reshipped"?
1994 1.6L White MX-3 - Daily Driver
1995 Red MX-3 -Project
bgracing

Post by bgracing »

Hi,

The two with the non 90 Degree kits are 93_4Banger and o0loopy0o. We have heard from 93_4Banger and he said he sent out a money order just need to know if he sent the whole amount or not. And we haven't heard from o0loopy0o since May 3rd when he asked for the total and said he'd be paying via paypal.

Also Magiccowinuse I will go and check that dimension at work and get back to you tonight, and the new shocks are in transit.

And would also like to say that the 90 degree kits are now ready, and we are waiting on payments so that we can finish up this group buy.

Thanks,
Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

A few questions,
Did you change the specs on the lift capacity on the strut?

I thought you were going to change the hinge to a dual strut design?

Can you post a pic of the kit siting on the floor so we can see the changes made to the kit?
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
bgracing

Post by bgracing »

A few questions,
Did you change the specs on the lift capacity on the strut?

I thought you were going to change the hinge to a dual strut design?

Can you post a pic of the kit siting on the floor so we can see the changes made to the kit?
To answer your questions:

1.) Yes the plan was to switch to a dual shock setup however we chose to go with one high powered shock in order to make the install easier, and the specs of the shock were changed to correspond with this.

2.) I will get a picture of the updated kit but can already tell you before posting the pics that the changes that were made were trimming down the profile of the arm, and moving the shock mounting locations. Also angled braces were added to the door mounts to not only put them on the necessary angle, but also to increase strength.

Thanks,
Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
magiccowinuse

Post by magiccowinuse »

bgracing wrote:2.) I will get a picture of the updated kit but can already tell you before posting the pics that the changes that were made were trimming down the profile of the arm, and moving the shock mounting locations. Also angled braces were added to the door mounts to not only put them on the necessary angle, but also to increase strength.

so will i have to ship you back the entire kit or still just the arm?
1995 Red MX-3 -Project
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

magiccowinuse wrote:
bgracing wrote:2.) I will get a picture of the updated kit but can already tell you before posting the pics that the changes that were made were trimming down the profile of the arm, and moving the shock mounting locations. Also angled braces were added to the door mounts to not only put them on the necessary angle, but also to increase strength.

so will i have to ship you back the entire kit or still just the arm?
This is my question as well. How much of this kit do i need to send back?
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
bgracing

Post by bgracing »

Hi,

Magiccowinuse, all you will need to send back is the arm assembly. And Jarid as yours was the initial test kit you will have to send the whole kit back.

Also still waiting to hear back from pretty much everyone in regards to payment. We have heard from maybe 2 people, so Jarid if you could send over that list again that would be greatly appreciated as we would like to finish this group buy.

Thanks,
Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
bgracing

Post by bgracing »

Hi,

Also here is the updated kit prior to being painted.

Please note that the profile of the arm has been changed, as well as the new bracing on the arm to the door mounts to ensure the correct angle and add some extra strength.

Thanks,
Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

kyle (or anyone who's installed a 90 degree kit),

i'm looking at the pics, and am trying to figure out which are the adjusters for vertical limit and horizontal limit. are you able to adjust these with the fender on? thanks.
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

ovendenk wrote:kyle (or anyone who's installed a 90 degree kit),

i'm looking at the pics, and am trying to figure out which are the adjusters for vertical limit and horizontal limit. are you able to adjust these with the fender on? thanks.
vertical limit is a small black grub screw on the hinge. no horizontal limit.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
magiccowinuse

Post by magiccowinuse »

Ok, I will ship them out tomorrow.

Kyle, One other thing i noticed. On my kit (which your new kit is lacking) on the part that mounts to the car it self right next to the top 2 mount holes there are 2 bolts. I do not see these on your new kit, are these supposed to be her?
1995 Red MX-3 -Project
bgracing

Post by bgracing »

Hi,

Jarid the adjuster on the hinge itself is actually the horizontal adjuster and not the vertical adjuster. The vertical is controlled by the shock as it can be set to any height and left there.

Also Magiccowinuse those bolts on your kit are for the horizontal pinch point and are suppose to be there, we didn't have them on for the test kit but all kits will have them.

Thanks,
Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors

Return to “Appearance”