11.2 any good for stock sohc?

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
mazdamx3sohc

11.2 any good for stock sohc?

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

i have a 93 stock sohc 5 speed, i took it out first try ever my whole life and ran against a mustang and beat him cuz he lifted and took like a 3 second headstart lol. i ran an 11.3 1/8 MILE. at 60 something mph. is that DECENT for a sohc 1.6? keep in mind this was my first time ever on a track.
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

ummmm...yeahhh...anyone gunna answer or are you just gunna kinda check it and leave?
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I really have no idea... I was drawn to your topic because I was thinking 1/4 mile time...
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

same here.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Figured I would check n leave since I know little to nothing about the SOHC engine.. Sounds like you had fun though :D

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
TREVO123

Post by TREVO123 »

ill check my time slips later..
TREVO-Under major construction, Bp coming soon! TO a mx3 near you
1993 MX-3 RS,FULL BLITZ KIT(PROTOTYPE)17"10 SPOKE RIMS,SOHC 1.6L.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2189811
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

I admit , i looked cause i thought it was 1/4 mile times also.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

lol yeah...i DID have fun it was my first time on a track so i had the time of my life, deffinetely a night to remember slow or not you know? just did it to see where i stand with my before and after times. yes this was for the 8th mile. i beat a mustang he took like a 3 second headstart so he ran on the red lol. anyways let me know what you think, i have to find my time slip, i had the same 0-60 ft time as my friend in his cobalt stage 2 supercharged. so i was amazed by that...but of course the rest of the 0-whatever ft's where much different lol.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

doesnt the sohc have like 88 hp?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

yea stock it does..i have catless 2 and a quarter exhaust...cold air intake..better clutch..short throw shifter..gutted..no spare tire no passenger seat and no rear seat...plus i had every single electrical load shut off..radar, radio, lights all that stuff.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

just to note mazdamx3sohc i got my hand on another 92 MX-3 body it was a V6 MX-3 that was converted into a 4 cly. but i put my old lil 1.6 sohc engine and trans in it. here the good part and it not worth the time for most guys but i have the parts and spare time to do it.. since i have a bad habit of trying shyt no one else will.

I'll be boosting the 1.6 sohc.

RM log style turbo manifold
57trim turbo
TEC II standalone,
RC 550cc injecters,
UPgraded fuel rail already in place
26 3/4" L x 6 1/4" H x 3 1/2" D FMIC
2in intercooler piping
tial wastegate/BOV
F-series trans with a miata 1.6 flywheel act XTREME pressure plate mx-3 disc
MSD 8.5 wires

I know the 57 trim turbo is to big for the sohc but what do i care i love power beside the current 57 trim on my BP setup will be upgraded to SC67 persion turbo, along with 1,000cc injecters, upgraded fuel rail, FPR and much bigger FMIC. so some of my stuff on the BP will go on my other sohc turbo project.

i'll see just how much power and how fast a LIL sohc MX-3 can really be.

On the BP i have a new tyme of 12.4@118@18psi looking 2 boost it to 25psi this weekend and hopefully get into the high 11's

I know im a crazy mazda MX-3 fanatic
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

you are the F**king man dude let me know how that goes.
Paradox MX-3

Post by Paradox MX-3 »

im glad to see someone had a good time and went to the tracks for the first time to have some fun
10secSim

Post by 10secSim »

I did 11.3 last summer on a 1/8 th with a stock 1.6L DOHC and a clutch that slips a bit if you want to compare, it was my first time as well. This year i have a 2.5" exhaust high flow every things, probe 2.0l 4-2-1 ehxaust manifold, custom aluminum intake manifold with velocity stacks with a 65mm throttle body and a cold air intake, ACT 6 puck clutch. We'll see how it runs.
osargeant

Post by osargeant »

2.5" exhaust is a huge exhaust size for a NA 1600cc MX3, I am sure you are losing valuable backpressure with that setup.
JSpec Turbo MX3 (1.6 DOHC)
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/310985

Port and Polished Head, Ported Intake Manifold, Valve Job, GTX Manifold, Hybrid Turbo, Cone Filter, 2.5" Exhaust, 2.5" Downpipe, ACT Street Clutch, Lightened Flywheel, MSD 6A Ignition, Boost Retard and SS Coil, Magnecor Plug Wires, Denso Iridium Plugs, UR Lightened Pulley, Spearco FMIC, Turbo XS BOV & MBC, BEGI RRFPR, Supra Injectors, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, Autometer Gauges, Pivot Shift Light

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”