PCV filter/catch can

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MX34M3
BANNED Member

PCV filter/catch can

Post by MX34M3 »

for those that have done this setup.....

which lines did you tap into...and how did you secure it? (pics would kick a--)
Banned for not following rules.
MX34M3
BANNED Member

Post by MX34M3 »

the one before the TB or after the TB? lol
MX34M3
BANNED Member

Post by MX34M3 »

someones gotta have a pic of theirs......Ive looked all over but cant find out :(
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

u really need to use the search man.. this moid has been done heavily.. it is discussed in the faq i believe..

There are pipes coming out of the valve covers. Tap in a fuel filter there and you are done. There are pics somewhere but i dont remember where sorry. browse around, as i said it has been asked tons of times.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
MX34M3
BANNED Member

Post by MX34M3 »

take a search yourself......its been talked about but no pics or talking about how they mounted it....etc......there is a write up but obviously it isnt answering the question Im asking.........so I used the precious search option.....but honestly....who gives a s--- if another thread is made.......not like this forum is so fast paced that another thread is going to destroy it all!!!!

hgallegos915 wrote:u really need to use the search man.. this moid has been done heavily.. it is discussed in the faq i believe..

There are pipes coming out of the valve covers. Tap in a fuel filter there and you are done. There are pics somewhere but i dont remember where sorry. browse around, as i said it has been asked tons of times.
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

MX34M3 wrote:take a search yourself......its been talked about but no pics or talking about how they mounted it....etc......there is a write up but obviously it isnt answering the question Im asking.........so I used the precious search option.....but honestly....who gives a s--- if another thread is made.......not like this forum is so fast paced that another thread is going to destroy it all!!!!
This forum needs Karma so I can vote you down a few notches.
MX34M3
BANNED Member

Post by MX34M3 »

werd!!!! me too!!!

mr1in6billion wrote:
MX34M3 wrote:take a search yourself......its been talked about but no pics or talking about how they mounted it....etc......there is a write up but obviously it isnt answering the question Im asking.........so I used the precious search option.....but honestly....who gives a s--- if another thread is made.......not like this forum is so fast paced that another thread is going to destroy it all!!!!
This forum needs Karma so I can vote you down a few notches.
MX3ak

Post by MX3ak »

Hey, calm down both of you.

I got some pictures, the first one is from some one here in the forum. Hope he doesn't mind of me saving it as a clean engine bay example.

Second one, is my own engine bay. Can't see too close but there's the same system as previous.

Both are what hgallegos915 said, just mine is not a true fuel filter so it does not get the filter soaked in oil and can be washed.

Don't have anything about the oil catch can in my archives, but I have seen stuff somewere. Try the engine bay pictures...
K8 running LPG (Liquified Petrol Gas)
MX34M3
BANNED Member

Post by MX34M3 »

thanks for the help....

I went through the engine bay pics and really couldnt find much....I mighta missed stuff though seeing as some guys have it located in a different spot than what I thought.....thanks for actually being helpful
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

You know.. it took me around 1 minute to simply scroll to the faq and red about it. You dont need pics.. its pretty much self explanatory. I suggest reading the faq and using search better. We do need karma in here.

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=41583
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
MX34M3
BANNED Member

Post by MX34M3 »

thanks cheif.....that was the first thing I found......and it obviously didnt answer my questions.......but thanks for coming out!!! :2thumbsup: <---can stick those thumbs in your a-- btw

hgallegos915 wrote:You know.. it took me around 1 minute to simply scroll to the faq and red about it. You dont need pics.. its pretty much self explanatory. I suggest reading the faq and using search better. We do need karma in here.

:2thumbsup:
prunn

Post by prunn »

wow... sorry offtopic... nice avatar! where did you find it?
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

hgallegos915 wrote:You know.. it took me around 1 minute to simply scroll to the faq and read about it. You don't need pics.. its pretty much self explanatory. I suggest reading the faq and using search better. We do need karma in here.
Seriously, no pictures needed, it's about as hard as checking your oil.

1) Buy $3 fuel filter
2) Unplug PCV line, plug into filter
3) Go have a beer for a job well done

You don't even need tools (Though a wrench helps with the clamps. Or a knife if you want to put it at some random point in the middle of the line.).

The fuel filter even comes with extra clamps and lines.

Searching "PCV filter" on Google also gives a few million detailed write ups.
MX3ak

Post by MX3ak »

thanks cheif.....that was the first thing I found......and it obviously didnt answer my questions.......but thanks for coming out!!! 2 Thumbs Up <---can stick those thumbs in your a-- btw
What is not needed here is that kind of arrogance.
K8 running LPG (Liquified Petrol Gas)
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Reported to mods, thats the last time I help new people If Ill get that bad of attitude, I never once said anything profane to this person.
-hec

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”