93 V6 stalling problems

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
dillon

93 V6 stalling problems

Post by dillon »

i got a 93 V6 auto and eveyonce in a while it will stall, sometime while driving some times in the morning after it sits overnite, but eventually it will start some times in 15 mins sometimes in 2hrs, i got new plug and wires on it, got anyideas, thanks
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Need some details on your car's history. I usually suggest routine maintenance first- fuel filter, plugs, wires, disty cap and rotor, clean the intake, check timing, check belts and fluids, do a fuel system treatment.
It could be the HEI, but lets look at more common issues first. So post up when the above were checked or replaced and we can go from there.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
dillon

Post by dillon »

as far as i no, its just the plugs and wires that were replaced, before that i dont as i bought it used,
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

Then start with the above if you don't have any maintenance records as they could be old. Was the car well taken care of in your opinion, and I mean in the engine bay? You can clean the car and make it look well taken care of, but that is much different then mechanical care.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
dillon

Post by dillon »

its hard to say, it has low klms and is in really good shape but i cant judge if the maintence has been up to date, i were pretty mush starting from scratch, so what should i do 1st,
MX3_TURBO

Post by MX3_TURBO »

I has a similar problem with my 93 turned out the Mass Air Flow sensor was going bad, thing was pretty expensive too! Do you get any CEL codes?
-=MX3_TURBO=-
dillon

Post by dillon »

got on for egr and cranksensor, check engine light comes and goes, but whim i scaned it, those where there, thanks by the way for all the help
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

I would start with the air and fuel filter, then do the dist cap and rotor. Then do the plugs and wires and add some fuel system treatment. Then check the timing. If you have codes then you have a good idea of where to start looking for the acutal problem. Pull the codes again and tell us exactly what code numbers you are getting.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”