Can you help me

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Slickjr09

Can you help me

Post by Slickjr09 »

My back right tire wobbles a lot as i drive, it starter out at just bumps, then at high speeds and now a lot, and i can jiggile my tire a little bit with my hands, im not sure what i need, new struts of new springs, the tread on the tire isnt wore out in sots there for i dont think its the sturts but i dont no, do you have any clue and if it is the struts of spring can i replace eaither one, or will a shop thanks
1992 Automatic Mazda MX-3 GS
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

if you can jiggle the wheel with your hand then you need to tighten your lug nuts easy fix and its free
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

I don't see how either spring or strut would be affecting this. If you have worn out suspension arms/bushings, that may give some slack. And yes, check your lugs.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

It might be loose lug nuts, but I would hope that you've checked that already. It sounds like you have a VERY bad wheel bearing. Tighten the lugs- normally, do not break a lug stud. Jack the car up, try and wiggle the wheel top to bottom. If it moves at all you need a new wheel bearing. If one side is bad the other is on its way so replace them both at the same time. Have a shop take a look at the spindle. If the bearing wears too badly it will ruin the spindle and you will need to replace the hub, bearing and spindle. Also, just as a precaution check that all the suspension bolts are tight, but again I would bet it is a bearing. Do this SOON. The bearing is what holds the wheel onto the car. If it gets too bad the wheel can come flying off the car and you wreck.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Yah, PATDIESEL is right. Def sounds like a worn out rear wheel bearing/hub assy. If you are noticing that much play/vibration and the wheel lug nuts are properly tightened, don't delay a repair.
Image -Jim
Slickjr09

Post by Slickjr09 »

i no the lug nuts are tight, i tighted them already just to make sure, and when i jack up the car and toch the wheel the tire kinda falls down like an inch i dont no what it is
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Slickjr09 wrote:i no the lug nuts are tight, i tighted them already just to make sure, and when i jack up the car and toch the wheel the tire kinda falls down like an inch i dont no what it is
Sounds like your rear wheel bearing is so worn out it is nearly completely broken apart, and that is what will happen anytime now. VERY dangerous to drive that way. Follow PATDIESEL's advice above in this thread. He is spot on. Glad you posted back. It means you are still alive and not a wet spot on the highway from having your rear wheel completely collapse.

The rear wheel bearing is replaced easily by installing a new rear hub assembly. Bearing comes preassembled in the hub assy, which bolts right up to replace the old one. Do both sides as the other side will be wearing out soon too. However, you've let it go long enough (i.e. too long) that ya should get the spindle inspected by a trusted mech for excessive wear. Otherwise you could end up replacing the bearing/hub assy and still have a prob 'cause of a worn spindle. Rear hub assy's have a parts cost of ~$45 USD each. g/l.
Image -Jim
Slickjr09

Post by Slickjr09 »

ok what do you thin kwill work the best http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductList ... ng%2c+Rear
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Sorry, but your link takes me to partsamerica page asking for my zipcode for a fresh parts search. I've bought parts from them before with no probs but can't see whatever the link is for what you posted.

http://www.rockauto.com is also a decent Internet parts supplier.
Image -Jim
Slickjr09

Post by Slickjr09 »

ok well never mind that but i just jaked up the tire and i cant wiggle towards me but i can movie it up and down, i can see the spring move, is it still the bearing you think
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

check the tread of the tire my buddies car was doing the same thing & the tread was coming off the belt of the tire, bridgestone had a problem with that a few years ago
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”