coolant sensor question

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
GreenMachine

coolant sensor question

Post by GreenMachine »

ok heres the deal. on the online shop manual page e2-014 it shows how to detirmine if the cts is bad. I have three on the ze. would all three require the same resistance for the test or are they different. and with that, if they are the same, why does one sensor cost twice as much as the other two? any help is appriciated.

-Chris
'92 GS-no lip. Klze. no cat. phenolic spacers. no power steering. no a/c. hei mod. poly filled mounts. probinator chip. loud exhaust. b&m shifter. tokico struts. suspension tech springs. axxis 17 in rims.
'86 mr2-stock and still hauls a-- in curves.
'05 Gsxr-50 tooth stunt bike
GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine »

nobody?
'92 GS-no lip. Klze. no cat. phenolic spacers. no power steering. no a/c. hei mod. poly filled mounts. probinator chip. loud exhaust. b&m shifter. tokico struts. suspension tech springs. axxis 17 in rims.
'86 mr2-stock and still hauls a-- in curves.
'05 Gsxr-50 tooth stunt bike
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Well I'm not 100% on the answer that is why I didn't answer before. I am not sure if they should all be the same or not. I would think the manual would say what the values should be if they are different, but the manual is not perfect. So I would test each one if you are having issues and see what they test at. As for one being more expensive- good question. I would guess it must be more complicated and precise, but only a guess. Either that or Mazda knows it wears out more quickly than the other two and decided they would make money off that part. :roll:
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

I dont know about klze - but a 4 cyl sohc has 3 sensors for 3 different functions - one goes to the computer - one goes to the temp gauge and one turns the fan on/off. As such they all have entirely different specs i believe.

If the ZE operates in the same way then you will have the cheapo switch for the fan followed by somewhat cheapo sensor for the temp gauge and the costly one for the computer.
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude
MX3_TURBO

Post by MX3_TURBO »

All 3 are different, as I replaced all 3 of mine about 2yrs ago. Does your cooling fan turn on? My orginal problem was my temp gage didn't work, and I didn't have my fan turn on, but lucky never had the car over heat I drove it mostly in cold weather in Canada. 8)
-=MX3_TURBO=-

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”