My New "Ricer" Mod

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
!vtec-this!

My New "Ricer" Mod

Post by !vtec-this! »

i put some new lights for my gauges and painted the needels let me know what u guys think

click link for quick vid
http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h179/ ... X-3031.flv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=77496445
My Car: Mazda MX-3 v6
14.5 @97mph
2.328 60ft....still more room for improvement
Only 165whp
Now boosted & New #'s to come
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

looks good

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

looks good
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

looks good
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

I would trash those lights and wire some led's in the back of the lights so the numbers lit up red , Thats what my buddy did with my Impreza before I bought it off him and it looks great . It just seems like your setup blurs the cluster too much , But to each their own .
Kris
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

oh i just looked at the picture not the vid. Hmm yea i kinda agree with Maniac, but i think i cant really make a choice cause the vid qulity was poop hehe

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

well that's cool... It kind of reminds me of a stage though... like someone is about to perform right in front of your speedo with that spotlight :lol:

I definately like the red lights and the red painted needles... :2thumbsup:

Did you just replace all of the stock "green covered" bulbs with red leds? Also you should modify your turn signal blinker lights if you have not already to blink red if they still blink green (it wasn't in the video). I swapped mine from green to blue and it matches my gauges better...
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

No he cut and installed lights on the top and the bottom of the cluster , my suggestion was to replace his stock bulbs with red LED's
Kris
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
hharb

Post by hharb »

holy cow, i only looked at the pic before but man, u went a little too far with the lights, all you had to do is take out the cluster and swap the lights at the back with red ones, and you're DONE, thats how simple it is, you dont need LEDs u dont need this ricey blurry s---.. anyways it looks half decent but it would look a million times classier if you do it the other way.
!vtec-this!

Post by !vtec-this! »

hharb wrote:holy cow, i only looked at the pic before but man, u went a little too far with the lights, all you had to do is take out the cluster and swap the lights at the back with red ones, and you're DONE, thats how simple it is, you dont need LEDs u dont need this ricey blurry s---.. anyways it looks half decent but it would look a million times classier if you do it the other way.
Ya I tried that and I wasn’t happy w/ the way it looked. With the red needles and the dim red back lighting u could hardly read the gauges.
But the video dose make it look blurry but in person it’s real clear
14.5 @97mph
Only 165whp
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

Neat idea. I like the two mode effect, but I think I might have done the white light on the tach for a more sporty effect. I might have tried LEDs behind the guages, but I know the green plastic of the guages effects the light color.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
!vtec-this!

Post by !vtec-this! »

these pics here show the better quality of the lights 8)

14.5 @97mph
Only 165whp
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

It does look better in the pics

mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

i'm not a fan, but I do say the 3rd pic down looks really cool for some reason!
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

Honestly Im still not a fan , but if you like it then Cool ..

But
Patdiesel . if you take the little black gauge faces off , you should be able to sand the backs of them and it will get rid of the green effect , its like a transparent green coating or paint of some sort,
Atleast thats how the Impreza was , I really can't see it being that different of a procedure they use , so that should also work for our gauges .
Kris
02 Subaru Impreza OBS

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”