Tokico Struts(preferred spring?)

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
MX3parkerGS

Tokico Struts(preferred spring?)

Post by MX3parkerGS »

Hey guys, Im leaning toward the Tokicos as opposed to the KYB's. Found a legit site that sells them 87US a peice, decent price yay or nay?

But the bump im running into is what springs. Unless i hear otherwise, Im leaning toward the Intrax(mainly b/c of the decent drop in ride height.

Is there a spring that works best w/ the Tokicos? If so, those are the ones I want. Because safety is my main concern when it comes to suspension.

Thanks in advance, Parker
'94 White MX-3 GS. Engine bay empty and waiting for the 2.5DE.

Completly stock, at this time.

Parker
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

I have eibach right now, love em. Apparently the ZX2 tokico's were made to hold those springs, they sometimes come as a set.

H&R are abit lower and abit stiffer

Megan are not progressive springs, which is abit different (they're not harder to push down the further they compress)

Hope this little bit of info helps.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I have had tokico blue's mated with intrax for the past 3 years on my fast car... I have enjoyed the ride and the intrax definately lowered it to the height I was looking for.

I recently got KYB struts mated with intrax on my slow car and maybe it's because they are newer but I think I like the KYB better actually...

I'm thinking about getting some more KYB for my fast car... but I love intrax for sure... never had a problem and it rides sporty... not too stiff.

good luck with your decision...
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

I have Tokico Blues paired w/H&R and like em a lot. Moderate drop and definitely a stiffer (but not too harsh) ride. Handles xlnt.
Image -Jim
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Same as neutral here. Decent setup. Though I have tire rubbage under heavy cornering, which I'm thinking is related to something else. So yeah, decent setup. Fairly stiff, so if you have cack roads, I'd go for softer springs and fatter donuts.

As far as pricing goes, around $90US should be fair.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

If you're going Tokico, you might as well get Ford Racing ZX2 SR struts, as they are just Tokico struts, but half the price retail Tokicos

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”