B6D Questions

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Suzuka 323

B6D Questions

Post by Suzuka 323 »

Okay, so I've been searching for awhile now and would like to be pointed in the right direction with links or straight answers if you could.

First: I'd like to know where I can find Cam information, regrind info, new cam purchase, and are the Miata cams any better than the ones already in it from the MX-3.

Second: I've been trying to find a Header and realized I was just a few days late as I saw the one in the FS section and about cried, so if you have one or know where I can get one it'd be appreciated as Corksport no longer has them.

I plan on Turboing it probably a year from now, maybe longer, but I'm just trying to increase performance for the time being, I've already done plugs, wires, intake, and full exhast(except header).

I'm going to go to my local Pick n Pull to find a set of Cams, if I'm lucky enough to find a Capri or GTX I'll be turboing it sooner than expected, but at this point I'm looking for cams to do a regrind unless the Miata cams will give me a decent boost.

This motor is in a 91 323 by the way.

Any help would be appreciated in this matter.

Thank You,
MrH.
Suzuka 323

Post by Suzuka 323 »

Bump because 31 people have looked at this post and no one knows anything about the B6D or where I can find the info I need regarding the cams?
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Re: B6D Questions

Post by mr1in6billion »

Suzuka 323 wrote:First: I'd like to know where I can find Cam information, regrind info, new cam purchase, and are the Miata cams any better than the ones already in it from the MX-3.
Miata cams can work, search to find out how. Where to find the exact specs on the cams, I don't know. I'm sure if you talk to a cam shop they can either look it up or base them off of what you already have. The somewhat general consensus is that unless you are running very highly modified it's best to stick with the stock ones.
Second: I've been trying to find a Header and realized I was just a few days late as I saw the one in the FS section and about cried, so if you have one or know where I can get one it'd be appreciated as Corksport no longer has them.
I've heard crappy things about the genii headers. The only other option is custom made or 2.0 probe headers that are ported and drilled; but seeing as how you have a 323 I don't even know if that will work. Might as well go custom.
I plan on Turboing it probably a year from now, maybe longer, but I'm just trying to increase performance for the time being, I've already done plugs, wires, intake, and full exhast(except header).
Turbo cams are different from NA cams, so it would be best to wait on everything until you're ready for everything to go in. They will probably also be different based on how much hp you plan to be making. There is also no point in getting headers if you are going to go turbo.
Suzuka 323

Post by Suzuka 323 »

Alright, that's what I needed to know, thank you.

MrH.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”