HorsePower Increase?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
PatMX3

HorsePower Increase?

Post by PatMX3 »

Yea, ive seen those chips that tell the computer to run rich on gas, but can you make that adjustment without using that chip?. And, if possible without accessing the CPU.
"93 Mazda MX-3 GS. Special Edition* 1.8L
Color -Rasberry Metallic. P-START Ignition*.
EuroLITE Dash Gauge* 77,000/m
#2nd Mx-3 Owner.
Mazda. Get in. Be M o v e d .
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

Your kidding, right?
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

first u dont wanna run richer unless ur gettin more air in the engine where u find urself running lean.. almost every car from the manufacturer already come runnin rich to be on the safe side of things which is already sacrificing some power.. to anyway to get more or less fuel in the engine with out touchin the ECU u can use a adjustable fuel pressure regulator
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
PatMX3

Post by PatMX3 »

its a resistor that you can buy, that tells the cpu the air coming in is colder, and adds more fuel / opens the throttle. How was i so off on asking that? geeez.. some tighties up in here heh.
"93 Mazda MX-3 GS. Special Edition* 1.8L
Color -Rasberry Metallic. P-START Ignition*.
EuroLITE Dash Gauge* 77,000/m
#2nd Mx-3 Owner.
Mazda. Get in. Be M o v e d .
Boris

Post by Boris »

Ebay right? I'd stay away from these "revolutionary" ebay items. Most of them are pure junk. Unfortunately to get a significant horsepower increase you need to spend some $$$$
1993 1.6L SOHC. Mazdaspeed mounts, BP09 ECU, BP VAF, Fidanza miata flywheel, exedy miata pressure plate, centerforce mx3 disc, tokico struts, B&G lowering springs, and some sh***y motomaster tires.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

im running lean and I dont know why... i think i was up to the 15 ratio. At wot i was like at 14.2 .. go figure? i tought we were supposed to be around the 12 ratio at wot?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

hgallegos915 wrote:im running lean and I dont know why... i think i was up to the 15 ratio. At wot i was like at 14.2 .. go figure? i tought we were supposed to be around the 12 ratio at wot?
12.6 a/f ratio usually is best power and on the safe side to for if ur boosted some testin guys have done on the KL engines found that a 13.8 a/f ratio is best for makin power all motor
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”