K8 Top Speed

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

XxantwawnxX , this is a worldwide forum, off course everybody has different stories, car's + altitude + gas are not the same everywhere ...

And i dont mean that one car driven everyday at 5000ft above sea level with 92 octane gas , once set's foot on a 0ft ground, get's a 98 octane gas inside and drives away get's to 300mph ... i mean that our car's are different because we are ALLWAYS at 0ft, my car runs EVERYDAY with premium 98 octane gas and it's been that way all his life... so it's only nattural it acts a bit different against cannadian and american cars, and this is not in a bad way off course .

btw: i didnt drove for hours to reach my top speed, i did it @ Vasco da Gama bridge. It is a 3 lane, 11 mile straight. And i did it @ 3 am
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

OutlaW wrote:XxantwawnxX , this is a worldwide forum, off course everybody has different stories, car's + altitude + gas are not the same everywhere ...

And i dont mean that one car driven everyday at 5000ft above sea level with 92 octane gas , once set's foot on a 0ft ground, get's a 98 octane gas inside and drives away get's to 300mph ... i mean that our car's are different because we are ALLWAYS at 0ft, my car runs EVERYDAY with premium 98 octane gas and it's been that way all his life... so it's only nattural it acts a bit different against cannadian and american cars, and this is not in a bad way off course .

btw: i didnt drove for hours to reach my top speed, i did it @ Vasco da Gama bridge. It is a 3 lane, 11 mile straight. And i did it @ 3 am
Obviously there reasons why everyone has different storys, that was not my point..thats a given. ITs just the fact that every HAS diff storys(just cause there logical reasoning behind does not mean i still hate the threads) is what puts me off on these top speed mx3 threads that get started everynow and then.
I mean person A asks the question then you get every person on the board argueing over what can and cant be done..when there really no point to argue because like you said there are ALOT of factors that define the speed at which you acclerate to our trannys top speed. I mean we all know what are tranny redlines at so the only factor to argue about is how fast you get there. DE is gets there faster then k8 and ZE faster than DE (prolly not by much ) and then you get the boosted guys on top of that.

But another thread on it will be posted soon enough : P :2thumbsup: :love2:

EDIT: oh and i know it does not take "hours" i was just going over board just to say that the ze does it faster : P because i know when i got my k8 around 120mph...that needle while it was moving....was not moving very fast heh

SECOND EDIT: and maybe we ALL dont know what where are tranny limits our speed at...

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
rccardude04

Post by rccardude04 »

Top Speed (km/h) MT: 199, AT: 181

http://www.mx-3.com/brochure/specifications.cfm
Down at the bottom under "Estimated Performance Data"
I believe it converts to 126mph.
-Eric
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

That is the speed without , i repeat WITHOUT reaching the redline in the last gear .
As for ALL estimated and mencioned top speed's by major brands
8) :wink:
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

post vid, end of story.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

its very likely that the speedo needs to be recalibrated, old speedos aren't very accurate.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Custom_V6_Limited_SE

Post by Custom_V6_Limited_SE »

mitmaks wrote:its very likely that the speedo needs to be recalibrated, old speedos aren't very accurate.
Now that is the best/most entertaining post yet. That would be funny. We're all driving side by side; one of us says we're going 125mph another says 145mph and another says 110mph; then we all call bs on each other and start screaming profanities. :lol:

O, just A side note. It is funny that the specs say 199km/h because I rounded up to 200km/h but my top speed was actually 199.??km/h.

I think we should kill this thread now. I was just looking for some comparisons lol. I didn't mean to start a controversy honest.
'93 MX-3 GS SE:My Mods
MazdaNoob123

Post by MazdaNoob123 »

rccardude04 wrote:Top Speed (km/h) MT: 199, AT: 181

http://www.mx-3.com/brochure/specifications.cfm
Down at the bottom under "Estimated Performance Data"
I believe it converts to 126mph.
-Eric
Tire size buddy.
I still cant find anywhere in the shop manual where it says there should be a 1in hole in the side of the block. (Blown K8) #6 rod thrown through block.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

GPS :)
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

Now there's a good post.
GPS is the only way to have a real top speed test.
I have done it with my Citroen Saxo 1.6 VTS ( Cup in Portugal ) and it was the only way to shut up some Honda freaks that wouldnt shut up about their Civic's and sh**
That car can do 222 kmh ( 138 mph ) and it shows 235 kmh ( 146 mph ) on the speed needle. And then reaches the fuel cut off in 5th gear.
All cars have some mistake, but some more than others. When i get my hands on a GPS, and fix my hood, that's what i am going to record with my video-camera
:wink:
K8 :: 136.8 bhp---160 nm---108.0 whp---118lbs/torque
ET: 15.567 @ 136 kmh (84 mph)
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."
rccardude04

Post by rccardude04 »

Tire size will only affect the actual top speed. The car will still think it's going 126 when the speedometer says 126 and will cut off fuel accordingly.
Buddy.
-Eric
MazdaNoob123

Post by MazdaNoob123 »

mx-3's dont have a fuel cutoff to my knowing.
My speedo has bee recalibrated for the tires and stuff.
At 7000-7200 RPM i can do 60 in second
I still cant find anywhere in the shop manual where it says there should be a 1in hole in the side of the block. (Blown K8) #6 rod thrown through block.
rccardude04

Post by rccardude04 »

No fuel cutoff? hmm... I might have to test that. hehe
I think with the stock gearing assuming 4000rpm @80mph in 5th gear, you should be able to get about 140mph @ 7000rpm in 5th gear.
With the MX6 transmission, assuming 3200rpm in 5th @ 80mph (should be pretty close to that), you should be able to hit 175mph @ 7000rpm in 5th.
This is, of course, assuming my speedometer is accurate and that the car can pull itself through the air to 7000rpm.
-Eric
MazdaNoob123

Post by MazdaNoob123 »

as far as i know the fuel cutoff is at 7800 RPM
but theres no MPH fuel cutoff
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

My fuel cut off is @ 7200 rpm :roll:
K8 :: 136.8 bhp---160 nm---108.0 whp---118lbs/torque
ET: 15.567 @ 136 kmh (84 mph)
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”