My Cars Worth

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:For Johns...hmm
Mint 92 Mx3. never winter driven. ZE, Full kit with JDM bumper and fogs, rims, mint SE leather, and old mandriver ;)
However, it's still a 92, and John smokes
On the low side, $3900, on the high side, $5500, maybe even $6000 because it's condition would be much better than a 96, because it'll be typically driven year round and exposed to our car-unfriendly winters..
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Hmm, thanks for that Mike...... I think??? Over $16,000.00 spent after the fact in les than 3 years on the car. One would be hard pressed to tell if a smoker was the previous owner. Ash tray has never been used. There hasn't been one MX3 I've seen yet that has carpets anywhere near as good of shape as mine. The are no rips, tears, cracks, blemishes in the interior. There are one-off parts that no-one has that are OEM. Nearly all mods are oem so the Modding neqagtive issues would be a mute subject. J-Spec front end, sideskirts, window visors, scuff plate, seats, door panels, cup holder/armrest etc. The only thing visisble that doesn't look oem is the Clarion HU. There are only 3 sets of 323F air vents in North america that I'm aware of since I'm the one that brought themmover from Holland. Kevin in Ottawa and PatDiesel in the States are the other 2. Nothing that was modded was done on the cheap side and the majority was done by professionals. It's a basic turn key operation and I would go so far to say - car show ready. Every part installed was quality which will be self evident at first site. I also bring up the fact that I have not beaten on this car in the 12 years I've owned it. There's no secrets or mysteries as to it's history. This car has been given the royal treatment for the most part and has been a summer only car for over 3 years.
Mike, $6,000.00 won't come close. I believe that it will more than likely go to someone through Auto Trader. Historically, a lot of members here are unwilling to pay a reasonable price for items. It's not a good/bad thing, just the reality of the situation that this current generation of owners don't have the resources to carry such an expense. I will post when I do list it in Auto Trader. If there's a select person who can appreciate a well maintained/modded MX3 and I know it will be going to a responsible person then they can pm me ahead of time with their intentions I'll decide then.
It would be nice to see it go to a fellow MX-3.com member, but I won't hold my breath.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

I think mike's point is that DESPITE the impecible condition of your car, and all the care and money you have put into it....you would be lucky to find someone willing to pay what it's worth because it does still fall into the trap all of ours does...age enough to make it "old" but not enough to make it "classic"

I say this to all MX'ers out there.....hold on to your baby cuz it seems no1 else can see past the manufactered date. run it hard, have you fun, when something breaks, it's time to upgrade that part anyway.
Bought mine sept '02 at 180 000km
Now it's Mar '07 at 447 000km + and goin strong

I decided when I bought it that I was going to be the final driver of the car, knowing full well going into it that it's not an "investment"

If luck is on my side....I want to see 000 000 km on my odemeter within 10 years.
ExperimentX

Post by ExperimentX »

Ok, I don't feel so bad anymore about wanting to get rid of my MX3... mainly due to wanting something newer with a few more toys to play around with. What do you guys think a 94 GS with 230km would fetch? The body is in good shape with only the sunroof showing some rust bubbling, and the front lip is pretty banged up... and as of a few weeks ago a scuff on the rear bumper from some douchebag hitting me in the parking lot. The car is for all intents and purposes stock... now for the kicker, it doesn't run properly disty/crank sensor problem (both have been replaced and the problem hasn't gone away). Now for the bright side... brand new tires and brakes all around about 10k ago along with that new disty and crank sensor. Think I could get $2000 for it?
RogueWolf

On that note...

Post by RogueWolf »

Is it worth fixing my KLZE's head gasket? Right now I don't have the cash, and I'm sure some kid would love my mod'd ride.

Do you think anyone would pay for a car with everything done to it, if all it needed was a (very expensive) repair?
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

ExperimentX wrote:Think I could get $2000 for it?
Depends how quickly you want to sell it, you may get $2000 for it but you may have to wait a long while until the right person comes along and will pay it. You should be able to get at least $1,500 for it though.

If you parted it out you might even be able to get more then $2,000 if you do it right.
ExperimentX

Post by ExperimentX »

Andrew_Pakula wrote:
ExperimentX wrote:Think I could get $2000 for it?
Depends how quickly you want to sell it, you may get $2000 for it but you may have to wait a long while until the right person comes along and will pay it. You should be able to get at least $1,500 for it though.

If you parted it out you might even be able to get more then $2,000 if you do it right.
If only I had the time and space for it heh... unless you want to volunteer :P

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”