HELP!- Head Gasket or Sale? Can't decide!

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
RogueWolf

HELP!- Head Gasket or Sale? Can't decide!

Post by RogueWolf »

I have a 1992 MX3, complete with aggressor kit, 17" rims, performance shocks, struts, swaybars, KLZE (true, strait neck, not the lame one), JDM tranny with limited slip diff, hell it's even got a MSD ignition! I have enjoyed the car for such a long time!
But... I'm almost broke, I can't afford to get the head gasket fixed. It's like $1100 at my local garage. I tried to sell the car AS-IS... but besides one ~insert appropriate name here~ who offered me $500 for it, I had no takers.

The car has been sitting for over a month now, and I need HELP! Should I give it up? Sell it to someone who can take care of it? Race it? Showcase it?

Or park it for perhaps a year or more before I have the money to fix it?

I'm in Hamilton Ontario, I saw a killer orange MX3 with a neat modified hood that covered the lights on Upper James earlier this week... maybe he can help.

I'm at the end of my rope. Please, if you can help, let me know. If you know someone who wants the entire masterpiece, let them know! This is not a 'FOR SALE' ad, as I'm not sure if it's even possible to sell it?

You guys would know best. Help me please.

-Ryan Mahood
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

Either do an engine swap or part it out, don't bother repairing it.
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

Part it out!! You'd prob get more money for it than trying to sell it as a whole. I call dibs on the headlights!! :P
Friendship is like pissing your pants: Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its true warmth.
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

ill buy ur msd ignition
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Red Rocket

Post by Red Rocket »

I'm looking for a body kit
[*url=http:cardomain.com/ride/2632839]My Cardomain Page[/url*]
mx34u2nv

Post by mx34u2nv »

i feel ur pain dudue, im in the same boat, do u have a place u can keep iut, why not try to change the gasket urself? what area ya gonna do break it ? id try to fix it ur self , imo... cars got alot of wrench time......be ashame to waste it.......good luck...
Full fx designs body kit, Apex lowering springs tokico struts, walbro fuelpump, klze, 17" sachhi wheels, b'm short throw shifter, ractive frount and rear tower bars, kl36 ecu. all for sale....pending
RogueWolf

Re: HELP!- Head Gasket or Sale? Can't decide!

Post by RogueWolf »

Time to bring back to life a Zombie thread that I started... OMG Seven years ago!

So here is what happened to the blown head-gasket car...

We towed it to my family house in Markham in 2007, where it sat for 5 years, never being looked at.
Then when we sold the family home... I had it towed to my new home in Guelph... where I parked it in a friend's driveway for a year... then... and here comes the kicker, I bought another KLZE swapped MX3 that I intended to use as a donor car for $1000.

Turns out on examination that the donor car I bought (1995 MX3) had a OBDII - ZE from a ~1997 JDM XEDOS 6.
Short Curved Neck Intake. Not sure yet about the cams... haven't torn the engine down, it's running great.
If fact the 1995 MX3 was in much better shape than my 1993 which had sat for the better part of 7 years...

SO . . . I decided to move over all the goodies from my original '93 to the '95.

I'll post a build log soon enough... but it's going to be great. :-)

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”