Require help installing Sony Amp

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
carpediem

Require help installing Sony Amp

Post by carpediem »

I am looking to save some cashola, bucks, and moola.
Im not a doit yourselfer, but after this I hope to be more of one than when I started, haha
So I have a Mazda MX-3 94. No power options like power locks or windows. no moonroof, no car alarm.
Installed I have a sony xplod ddeck with amp preouts on back. I am wondering what is the best way to set up with a dual 10" ported sub box, and a 760w sony xplod amp.
I have to eitehr out the amp under the drivers seat and the sub in the truck, I think this will be the best way to go. Im not sure if I want a remote wire hanging out of the center console but if it saves me 100 then I can tape it to hide it from view. The thing is I need someone to tell me one thing,
what wireing do I need to goto the amp>battery? and how do I find a hole in the firewall, where should the wireing be run? isthere a easy way to do this unseen without riping my carpet off the floor boards?
I really would appretiate some help from someone who knows what the best looking way to make this setup work. Anyone who has done somthing like this befor or has knowledge oif a MX-3 firewall and wireing sytem PLEASE leave me a PM
94 Mazda MX3RS 1.6L v4 Red
xxxguineapigxxx

Post by xxxguineapigxxx »

well first of all there's a hole in the firewall right behind the battery. and second if your gonna hook up subs and an amp put the amp as close to the subs as possible so the speaker wire is shorter...there is no real way to hid the wires without pullin the door sils but they just pop off...i wired my deck and amp a couple weeks ago and it took me about an hour to do it all...to run the power cable from the battery through the firewall to the back, the ground cable, the remore wire and the rca's, plus wiring the deck...it is actually really easy to wire these cars, most of the parts just pop off...and for that size amp you could use an 8 gauge wire, it'll be easier to run and hide...i used 4gauge
92' MX3 GS 1.8L V6 :)
stock now...not for long
superman_t11

amp

Post by superman_t11 »

The easiest thing to do is to mount your amp onto the back of your sub box. When it comes to your other wires such as remote wire and power wire, those will simply go under your panels and beneath your rear seat. Is very easy to do. And if you have a general idea of where you want all your wires ran then not very time consuming either. As for the sub woofer cable, I would run that beneath your steering wheel and run along the bottom with the rest of the wires.
facko

Post by facko »

i wired a 15 up in the back of my car and id agree w/ saying mounting the amp to the back of the box is the best. It also makes it alot easier to make any adjustments to the amp and to take it all out if need be cuz its all together :D i used that same whole in the firewall behind the battery that guinea pig was refering to and just tucked the wires behind panels and what not all the way back. As you are wiring it up just keep in mind where u want all ur wires to go and finding places to put them is pretty easy cuz, as it has been said, most everything simply pops off in the interior anyways.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

It's quite easy, I think everyone basically hit it right on.

Like they said, there is a hole in the firewall you can use, right behind the battery. Feed the wire to it, go inside the car. Remove the first panel that's to the left of your clutch/brake pedal, it should come out with a couple thumb tacks, real easy. Grab your plastic door sills and pull up, they snap off and on. feed the wire under the door sills. Grab the bottom of your rear seat and pull it off, that also snaps on and off. Feed the wire under the seat, behind the back rest. Real easy.

Your remote wire can be fed either side. Do the reverse all the way up to the pedals, if you choose to take the route of your amp wires. Use strap ties to keep the wires up, not dangling below the panels, feed it behind the panel right below the steering wheel column.
Then feed it behind the farmost right panel on the center console, to the right of the gas pedal, then wire it up to your CD head unit.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”