Just a question

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
Matt

Just a question

Post by Matt »

What kind of trip would it be from calgary to edmonton? Moving out there this summer for work was wanting to go close to edmonton but have a job offer framing in calgary.

Also rumour has it lol that most cars out there have cracked windsheilds because of the rocks and s---? True?

Another question if someone could clear up lol. What do the oil rig guys get paid? So many rumours in Ontario about how good it is out there just wanted to see if its true. And anyone willing to throw up their wage per hour and job type would be awesome!

See some of you later this year
Timmie_g

Post by Timmie_g »

well i dont work oil feild anymore, but i used too. i left it to becom a mechanic about a year ago. I made insane money working for an industrial cleaning company, for the chemical cleaning division. i was getting 29 an hour when i started.

yea alot of cracked windshields and in my case, 2 bent rims :x due to potholes, but thats what the $58 million is going towards. i live in edmonton, the trip to calgary is easy but its roughly 3 hours each way.

If you wanna work in calgary but be close to edmonton go live in red deer, its about half way between the cities. 1 -1.5 hours to calgary, the same to edmonton
Bling Bling

Post by Bling Bling »

Plus if your single, the bar scene is crazy with all the college girls at RDC :wink:
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1335558 UPDATED June 6,07
94 GS, Green Envy Pearl QUESTION: Does my car fit the RICE category?
Matt

Post by Matt »

lol bar scene eh

What you mean the $58 mil going towards fixing the rims. Any smaller cities that are withen 45-hour of edmonton still withen 2 hours of calgary?
Timmie_g

Post by Timmie_g »

lol edmonton is putting their surplus towards fixing potholes this year and the budget to fix every pothole in the city was an estimated $58 million.

yea, there are many cities between red dear and edmonton, but I couldn,t name them all. and i havent been to many so im not sure what they are like, Sylvan lake is a pretty cool plac to live im told.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Thats sweet! Think im gonna enjoy this. The plan is to move down the first friday in july:P
Timmie_g

Post by Timmie_g »

cool good luck on the move and i cant wait to see you at some meets. give me a ring when you get into edmonton and we can go for a cruise around so you can learn the city
Matt

Post by Matt »

Will do looking to be end of july you got any links for some rentals? Looking 3bdrm place. preferably with a garage.
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

For the love of God, find a place to live before you move out!!

I'm not gonna say there are too many people here or anything, but the infrastructure is so far behind, that if you come out here without finding
a place to live first, you will be seriously fuxed.

Jobs come easy (provided you have some semblance of skills), but the housing is another story.

If Edmonton is anything like Calgary, prepare to spend at least $1500/month for a house with a garage, that is, if you can find one relatively close to work.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Yea we have been searching on AlbertaRent.com and there was another but thats wat we found was $1500-$2000 for a 3-4 Bdrm, with garage. We are going to be calling soon but I imagine they fill up fast so we Gotta wait until closer to the moving date. We are thinking End of July now.
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

yah u definately need to find a place to live b4 u come up here... i had to move up to edmonton on like a weeks notice with no time to look and i wanted a place close to the university i ended up living with a crazy lady and i coudlnt find a place close for the next 3 months!!!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS
Matt

Post by Matt »

Moving Date is set lol. June 29/07 :P We leaving ontario then getting there around sunday supper time. We are looking for a place west end of edmonton making some calls this weekend. Anyone know any needs at least 4 bdrms. thanks guys cant wait to see a bunch of you out there. And I will take you up on the offer once we get settled in Timmie_g
Timmie_g

Post by Timmie_g »

excellent man, cant wait, always good to get more MX-3's around.. especially nice ones unlike mine lol
Matt

Post by Matt »

lol my buddy is going down well there is 5 of us. two of us have mx-3's done up lol :D
Timmie_g

Post by Timmie_g »

sweeet, good deal im almost as pumped as you are haha

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”