a little bit pissd

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
96mx-3

a little bit pissd

Post by 96mx-3 »

so i broke my waterpump...and took ti to mazda...cost me 870$ with new belt when it was all said and done... i picked up the car, and took it to the junk yard for parts..as im driving i punched the gas for fun and the gas cutt off was at 5500 rpm? instead of 7000 so i shifted and then second it did the same... third forth and fifth are all fine , so im prity pissd cause evry time i take it there to get somehting fixed they jsut play around with my stuff..so i take it back and get an appointment for today ( this happend on thursday) i take it in drive the guy aroudn the block and show him whats wrong ..and he says no its not the timing blah blah and i say ok well it jsut happend after i got it back...so they said you gotta get it scanned and s---..so i have to pay more ontop of my 870 to get somehting fixed that never happend b4 i left the car there...
any one knwo what the problem could be and should i have to pay more to get it figured out ? or shoudl they jsut fix it .. ? also when the car isnt warmd up ..i start it and it dies and then i start it and i have to rev ir alot to keep it alive...what could that be ?
tysoe

Post by tysoe »

go to a parts store and see if they can pull any codes with a scanner that may put some light on things.

Some places like autozone will do it for free.
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

I just tackled the water pump job myself and can't see the connection to your car's behavior. I can tell you that if you plan to keep this car it would be adviseable to learn as much as you can about it so that you can do more of the work yourself, or else labour charges are going to make your wallet slim.
Also try to post some info about your car in your signature, it'll help others give you suggestions on how to fix problems as they occur. I take it you have a 96 MX-3 GS, but I'm not sure if all 96 model year mx-3s came with OBD-II. If you have OBD-I, check in the FAQ how to check your codes, otherwise picking up your own code-scanner may be a good investment. That being said, I'm not familiar with the OBD-II system so I can't help you much more in the diagnosis.

I'm curious whether you're hitting electronic fuel cut-off, because that would be strange. I suspect it's more likely that you're in the early stages of having an ignition component fail, or that for some reason your fuel flow is being retarded.
Cody
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Good call brookzorz. Pull the codes, but do a tune-up and change the fuel filter if they haven't been done in awhile.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
96mx-3

Post by 96mx-3 »

alright ill give it a shot maybe if i dissconnect the ecu and plug it back in can it work out its own problems if that has somethign to do with it ?
what do they do for tune ups ?
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

sounds like distributor
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

mitmaks wrote:sounds like distributor
I'm so tempted to make that my signature.
Cody

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”