Ground Control bump stop Q

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
solo_ryder

Ground Control bump stop Q

Post by solo_ryder »

Hey, for those of you running GC's, I imagine you would need to mofidy the bump stop, what exaclt did you do here, did you cut them?
ccreech

Post by ccreech »

Yep!
93 GS KLZE Straight Neck (Parked)
Green Turd of MOCA
Car Domain
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Perfect, how much you cut off? Like half?
ccreech

Post by ccreech »

on the rear, I cut it off two ridges up...on the front...I can't remember. Honestly I don't think I have Bumpstops on the front now that I think about it. I asked for them at Ford since I bought the Zx-2 S/R struts...and they told me that they didn't exist for that vehicle. Hmmm...maybe I should look into that. But yeah...anything is better than nothing...worse case scenario, leave it longer and if you end up hitting it premaurely...cut some more off.
Green Turd of MOCA
Car Domain
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

hitting it premaurely
LOL, sorry. It is late and I'm waiting for the effects of fiberglass resin fumes to wear off so I can go to bed. Was working on some hatch covers... :froggie_red:
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

One more issue, since I am pairing these with the ZX2 shocks, do I gotta order the tokico GC's or the normal ones?
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

I think that they have special ones for the ZX-2 shocks, but Chris can better answer since he has ZX-2s and GCs.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

I called corksport (since they are rally the only ones I know that carry em) and talked to derek i think and he says the tokico ones are the ones to use. They have a rate of 350/250 he says.. Sounds like it is gonna be a sweet ride I am stoked! How do you like them Pat?
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

Chris' ZXs and GCs ride really nicely and work very well on the track. I use MS adjustable struts and GCs with camber plates and a ton of other suspension stuff. I love mine, but Chris goes faster than me in the competitions we have both been in so far with his set-up.
ccreech

Post by ccreech »

I got them for Tokico struts. All they need to do is snuggly fit the outside diamater of the the strut Body. We cut off most of the spring perchs to allow you to get in there to adjust the ride height. I love the springs. I think that is a little too much even for the tokico struts. I think that Mazdaspeed or Konis would have been a better choice for the adjustability. If I ever do it again though I think that I will find a way to make a true coilover system work. That is unless K-Sport or someone else decides to finally make one. Once upon a time K-sport said they would for a vendor willing to buy 10 sets. Obviously, I still enjoy my car and I think that the GC's do a fairly good job with the Tokicos. Don't let what Pat said make you think that Zx-2 S/R Tokicos are better than Mazdaspeeds though. I was faster than him at the track because he drives like a girl. LOL!!!! :lol: Just kidding...Much Love Brother!

Here is a little info to help you order...or at least know what you are getting. http://www.atlantamx3.com/mocaforum/vie ... php?t=1669
Green Turd of MOCA
Car Domain
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Thanks Chris, yea I know about Pat and his crazy suspension. Oh as for coilovers, ksport does make a direct bolt up kit. This was my first option but I hear mixes reviews about them, this is also my DD so it will be to rough with the spring rates that are on those ksports for the application (9k front 5K rear) the setup you need is a 323 GTX coilover. Direct bolt in, not sure why others have not found this out yet, but I researched like a son of a b*(^@ lol. Anyways, thanks alot guys I am gonna take lots of pics when I am installing here and I will proly make a write up. BTW, Chris, did you have to use camber bolts to get the correct alignment when lowering? I have 4 bolts here but just wondering for no real reason :lol:
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

theres other coilovers aside from k-sport as well. forget the company but either way your looking at like $1300.

Ford racing ZX2 coil overs made by Hyperco if you can find those would be badass, but good luck on that.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
ccreech

Post by ccreech »

Yes, if it is your daily driver I would. I don't drive mine a ton, but the camber is pretty bad especially in the rear...great for auto-x and track days though. This is the best picture I could find. If you can tell in a picture...you know its noticeable. Honestly though, I haven't noticed any uneven wear, I guess that is because I use the whole tire when I am auto-xing.

Green Turd of MOCA
Car Domain

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”