6 individual throttle bodies (6 throttles)

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
kenken

6 individual throttle bodies (6 throttles)

Post by kenken »

hello everyone,has anyone seen mx3 gs with 6 throttle bodies? is this setup beneficial? thanks
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Not on a stock K8, and nothing in an Mx-3, but I have seen it on an N/A Drag KLZE 323 and on a KLZE Miata
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

I wonder if there is any benifit to it
I also wonder what gains
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

probably wont do much on a k8.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

There is definately some benifit and some gains to be had, the most powerful upgrade you can for a N/A motor (K series at least) IMO. The thing is though, it wouldnt be cool on a k8 cause the cost to get a setup like that and a standalone system would be to much, even if you can make your own plentum to mount the ITB's to. Better off to get a ZE then cause you'll make more power with a ZE then a k8 with a ITB setup.

However, if you were to do that setup on a ZE or DE then your talking. You have to keep in mind there is alot of custom work to be done to make something like this work because there are obviously no systems available for our cars. You would need to source out some higher end crotch rocket ITB's like Hyabusa or R1/GSX-R750/1000 ITB's and then have a aluminum plentum made up to match the intake area on the heads.

You would also have to make modified fuel rails and a thrttle linkage set and all the components that run to those areas. Standalone is also a must as it wont run without it. So using MSNS or some type of Fuel/Spark ecu would help here as well as probably running a AFPR. You also have to look into a descent filtration system as you cannot run open stacks.

All in all, it would take some work and some decent coin, but hell would it sound rad and give you insane throttle response and performance.
Cy

Post by Cy »

a plenum....Pfft....

Tea-strainer's my friend... Super fine stainless mess and from 1-3" in diameter...

Finer then this one...
http://www.metal-wire-mesh.com/wire-mes ... -discs.htm
Bolt on .... to clean...unbolt and put em in the dishwasher...
kiwi_MX3

Post by kiwi_MX3 »

solo_ryder wrote:There is definately some benifit and some gains to be had, the most powerful upgrade you can for a N/A motor (K series at least) IMO. The thing is though, it wouldnt be cool on a k8 cause the cost to get a setup like that and a standalone system would be to much, even if you can make your own plentum to mount the ITB's to. Better off to get a ZE then cause you'll make more power with a ZE then a k8 with a ITB setup.

However, if you were to do that setup on a ZE or DE then your talking. You have to keep in mind there is alot of custom work to be done to make something like this work because there are obviously no systems available for our cars. You would need to source out some higher end crotch rocket ITB's like Hyabusa or R1/GSX-R750/1000 ITB's and then have a aluminum plentum made up to match the intake area on the heads.

You would also have to make modified fuel rails and a thrttle linkage set and all the components that run to those areas. Standalone is also a must as it wont run without it. So using MSNS or some type of Fuel/Spark ecu would help here as well as probably running a AFPR. You also have to look into a descent filtration system as you cannot run open stacks.

All in all, it would take some work and some decent coin, but hell would it sound rad and give you insane throttle response and performance.

Ummm Sorry NO is the answer

peaple on this board are making more at the wheels with a stock
setup than his guy at the flywheel.

and also modeling this system on a engine dyno has proved to me its a
waste of time and money, as the KLZE is more responsive to a single
plane mainafold and that fits under the hood ( barely in my case ) where
as IR runners have to be at least 18" before getting close to the single
plane with runners of 10"
Kiwi - Native Bird Of New Zealand, semi-nocturnal, secretive bird
Flightless, though can be found flying firstclass
Poor eyesight, though can spot a good pub at 100yards.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

How about leo323..he gained alot from doing it
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
kiwi_MX3

Post by kiwi_MX3 »

Aha, Sorry bit of hunting about and using google

leo323 230.55 hp on a dynojet. can't tell if its fhp or whp
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

kiwi_MX3 wrote:Aha, Sorry bit of hunting about and using google

230hp, if that is Fly or WHP what does it matter, that is more then anyone is running with the stock manifold. That does not really serve justice for me, I do not see how a set of ITB's can make less hp then a acctually manifold if paried properly with a good tunning and fuel system.

I know for a fact that on honda platforms you can make at least 10+ whp with these setups, so why would it be any different for a KL? If 2 plentums do not work well then why not intergrate into one. It is not like this is done on every 100th car like you see on a Honda, it is a rare setup on our cars and maybe people just don't know what they are doing.

Also, you do not have to respond to my post with your cocky comment either, be abit more civil.
kiwi_MX3

Post by kiwi_MX3 »

solo_ryder wrote:
kiwi_MX3 wrote:Aha, Sorry bit of hunting about and using google

230hp, if that is Fly or WHP what does it matter, that is more then anyone is running with the stock manifold. That does not really serve justice for me, I do not see how a set of ITB's can make less hp then a acctually manifold if paried properly with a good tunning and fuel system.

I know for a fact that on honda platforms you can make at least 10+ whp with these setups, so why would it be any different for a KL? If 2 plentums do not work well then why not intergrate into one. It is not like this is done on every 100th car like you see on a Honda, it is a rare setup on our cars and maybe people just don't know what they are doing.

Also, you do not have to respond to my post with your cocky comment either, be abit more civil.
to quote part of your post would be unfair but anyway at least i did do
the leg work.

however you quote " If 2 plentums do not work well then why not intergrate into one."

That is a single plane mainafold which I state that i use in a post above

"and also modeling this system on a engine dyno has proved to me its a
waste of time and money, as the KLZE is more responsive to a single
plane mainafold and that fits under the hood ( barely in my case ) where
as IR runners have to be at least 18" before getting close to the single
plane with runners of 10"
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

I stand corrected on that, but I still do not see any real negative benifits from doing a setup like this if you want to go N/A, that is besides the filtration and custom owrk aspect. I see nothing but gains with this system.
kiwi_MX3

Post by kiwi_MX3 »

The only aspect that i can't swallow is the cost of the throttle bodies
as a kiwi dollar at the moment buys 0.65c US

add shipping and customs and getting the right bodies as well

as to the rest of it i have Cad drawings for the base plates and can get
CNC water cut and have the tooling to extrude the square ports in
stainless.

capamx3

Post by capamx3 »

We are working on a single-runner-throttlebody-system for the K8....but we´ve some problems to solve but i think we are on a good way...therefore we don´t use parts which were to buy...it would finally everything made with our blood and our sweat!
Master of big-bored throttlebody!
Mods:
Venom VCN-1000 NOS, custom lightened flywheel, 6pads race-clutch, custom big-bored-tb, modded fuel-pressure, race-header, 100cpi catalytic converter, 2 1/2" midpipe, short-shifter, 60/45mm KAW/Kayaba Suspension/Shock-Kit, Zimmerman Drilled Brake Disk, Stainless Steel Brake & Clutch Line, Exhaust Fogging System, Custom Made Alpha-N-Controlling, Apexi RSM, Water-Alcohol-Injection, 2 Lambda-Meter,

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”