K-8 EGR problemes and rough idle

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

The two sensors are solenoids and do not put carb cleaner in them. You can probably find the EGR valve by following a small tube that goes from the exhaust manifold to where it attaches to the IM. Or you can follow where the vaccum lines go from the solenoids (other than the TB or air filter). The valve will have a sensor (with a 3 connector plug) sitting on top of it.
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude
boo-mx3

Post by boo-mx3 »

hey morf i added you to msn...
MoRf

Post by MoRf »

boo-mx3 wrote:hey morf i added you to msn...

ok sure thats cool :D . my msn is pretty much always on.

some bad news the weather has turned quite poor and my girl friend is complaining about me spending to much time in the garage :shock: .
so i wont be able to replace the BAC and try to fix that EGR valve untill monday.

Im still having quite a problem with cold starts(it takes forever)
and i really think the EGR is the problem with the engine running rough

last night i replaced the TPS sensor and did the adjust, my TPS sensor was cracked and only had 1 screw scuring it :shock:

sometime i would like to adjust the camber of the rear wheels they seem to be way out of adjustment and destroying tires.
MoRf

Post by MoRf »

aight ! today i got around to swaping the IAC , i also took off and fully cleand my TB ( that i later found out was junk) so i ended up swaping my TB as well.

currently the car idles 2.5k :shock: when cold and 300rmp when warm but it stalls now :( , i did the TPS adjustment while the TB was off and then did an idle adjustment after a short test drive, but i cant get the idle up :cry:

i still have to block off the EGR since i have no idea how to take the valve off if it even comes off lol

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”