JDM Power Folding Mirrors question

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

JDM Power Folding Mirrors question

Post by Mooneggs »

Hello,

Does anyone have a set of power folding mirrors on their mx-3? If so do both sides fold all the way in? Ever since I put them on, the driver's side does not fold as far in as the passenger side. This is true for both sets for both of my cars.

The set on my klze came from a jdm mazda mx-6 (I forget the year). The mirror shells are the same as the mx-3 but not the brackets. Since I was changing the shells to a carbon fiber set I had I took them completely apart. I also had to modify the hole for the 94 switch to fit, but it worked out fine.

The set on my k8 came from a jdm 93 mx-3 and were a direct fit replacement. I never took them apart, just wired them up, but that driver's side just doesn't fold all the way in!

I have a third set from a 323 (not sure the year). I bought them in hopes that the motors are the same as the mx-3 because the little box switch is the same. These are spares...

Just wondering if anyone has encountered this problem and if they have a resolution...Is there a way to re-calibrate them?? Any help is appreciated!!
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

You might want to ask gro-harlem about that, as far as I know hes the only one that has em.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

custommx3 has some and a video of them working
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Nobody else has these???? There has to be a few others...

I have seen custommx3's and as far as Barry and I can tell, mine are in better shape... I will have to get some advice from gro harlem about this... but for now I'm hoping someone else has done this otherwise I might have to make a How-To for anyone else who might get a set... Here are some pics of what I'm talking about. The last 2 pics are the switches set up in the k8 and the klze.

Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

That second set looks like it would be for a first gen Mx-6/626...maybe 323...

Ya, not many people have them. I actually have just the switch, but no mirrors or harness yet. Very, very hard to find.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

The only reason yours were in better shape is because someone tried to fold mine as if they were OEM and broke one.

His is a but different than mine. Mine needed no relay.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Actually I have no relays in any of mine. I wired the mx-6 set directly to the switch... OH and I forgot to mention that the set on the klze is not only power folding but also has the self heating function (defrost) for those cold icy days... The second set on the k8 was pretty much plug and play with no relay. The third set from the 323 has no relay either... Once I take mine apart I think we can fix yours barry... someone pushed mine in the other day and I kind of jiggled it and it worked again... I'll keep you posted.
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

holy crap carbon fiber mirrors? where have i been??
92 Autozam AZ3
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

He had them covered
mazdaguy25mx3

Post by mazdaguy25mx3 »

Hey guys, i would like the jdm mirrors, but i can't find them anywhere. if someone would be willing to tell me what cars and/or where i i could get me some. i would be much apercaite it. thanks.
"Demized Concepts" My Friends and mine car club. also on myspace.com

http://WWW.Myspace.com/demizedconcepts
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

we got them off of ebay.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

After spending 2 straight days taking apart, putting back together and modifying a 323 set I have answered my own question.

I will be posting a detailed view of what power folding mirrors look like inside and out and how I turned a set of 323 into an mx-3 set!

I also have info about the different types of mirror strengths.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

These are pretty cool....I should add them to the liost of parts i want but probobly won't ever find or have no reason to get. But non the less very cool..lol
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Mooneggs wrote:After spending 2 straight days taking apart, putting back together and modifying a 323 set I have answered my own question.

I will be posting a detailed view of what power folding mirrors look like inside and out and how I turned a set of 323 into an mx-3 set!

You mean take apart stock Mx-3 mirrors and use 323 folding compoents in them? Man, if you do that, I'd love that info!

While your at it, can you find the info on the relays, that seems to be the issue with wiring them is that most don't some with the relays. Having the info on a DYI folding mirrors would kick a--!
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
Mooneggs wrote:After spending 2 straight days taking apart, putting back together and modifying a 323 set I have answered my own question.

You mean take apart stock Mx-3 mirrors and use 323 folding compoents in them? Man, if you do that, I'd love that info!

While your at it, can you find the info on the relays, that seems to be the issue with wiring them is that most don't some with the relays. Having the info on a DYI folding mirrors would kick a--!
yo mike. yu gotta help me wire up a rear fog light in my mx3. i wanna do that lol

ok back on topic.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo

Return to “Appearance”