Poly Engine mount inserts

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
NeZmO

Poly Engine mount inserts

Post by NeZmO »

Hey guys... I did a ze swap and since I have owned my mx-3 I have had some real problems with my engine shifting. I have been searching for some good engine mounts and I found that RR-Racing.com has some nice poly inserts for a reasonable price. Since they fit on a ZE and they are just inserts and not the mounts (don't know if there's a difference in the mounts) would they work or has anyone bought a set from them? I sent them an email and they don't know and told me to ask around... Thanks for any info you guys can supply me with.
http://rr-racing.com/engine-mounts.htm
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I think those are for probe gt.. I too am looking for mounts or inserts. I think pakfeier has some but they are overpriced and look stock.. Let me know if u find some inserts for the mx3.. that would own! stock mounts are not togood for the ze. i guess.. mine still shakes a bit.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
lowridah313

Post by lowridah313 »

go buy some window urathane and fill your mounts.
Representin' the THRE3:TH1RT3EN
'02 Nissan Xterra SE, atx, 4x4, 32's
'92 Geo Tracker atx, 4x4
Feedback http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f= ... 54&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tysoe

Post by tysoe »

hmm, someone should do a FAQ about making your own urathane mounts. I'm certainly interested.

When I drive my car it feels like my engine and transmission is fighting against some thick nungie cord and makes the car bounce around when I change gear anything more than gently.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

We have a FAQ about it on the MOCA forum. http://www.atlantamx3.com/mocaforum
Pretty simple really, and a great mod.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
NeZmO

Post by NeZmO »

hmmmm..... For only (and by only I mean I have some dough store away) $55 I might buy the inserts and see if they work out. They seem like a good deal with respectable quality and I'll see if they work out. I'll keep you guys updated with results if I fall through. Like I said... they're inserts and not the actual mounts. They will definitely fit the groove but fitting in the mx mounts I'll have to gamble..... Besides I have a friend who is willing to buy them from me if they don't work......
Cy

Post by Cy »

Would driving with the window glue in your mounts adversly affect there shape after drying?

My car is my daily driver and although i could leave it overnight that's going to be -1 to -5 weather...till tomo which will only be like 5-8c degrees...
lowridah313

Post by lowridah313 »

yeah you need to take the mounts out of the car or buy spare ones. they cant move for like 24 hours or so.
Representin' the THRE3:TH1RT3EN
'02 Nissan Xterra SE, atx, 4x4, 32's
'92 Geo Tracker atx, 4x4
Feedback http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f= ... 54&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

The ones on RR Racing's site are for MX-6s which use different mounts. Trust me I bought some about 4 years ago and they didn't fit.
Do the real poly fill, not the window glue crap. If you want to waste money give me 50 bucks, I'll come over, kick you in the balls, and you'll feel just the same when it is done.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Cy

Post by Cy »

lowridah313 wrote:yeah you need to take the mounts out of the car or buy spare ones. they cant move for like 24 hours or so.

My thought is this...

do them in the car...and leave the car sitting for afternoon+night+afternoon and get a ride?....being in the car isn't the problem eh? it's being moved?
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

Huh, you cannot fill the mounts while they are in the car. The urethane will run right out the side...
Cy

Post by Cy »

PATDIESEL wrote:Huh, you cannot fill the mounts while they are in the car. The urethane will run right out the side...
Not using liquid urethane...i'm using window glass adhesive which is pretty thick...

lol....not going for mad sweet looks...I need them filled period....

Jack the motor, right under the tranny, up until the bolts are roughly centered in the holes.

Using a caulking gun i'm gonna fill from one side until it comes out the other.then tape it. then fill it some more, basically untill the tape busts,then fix the tape... then i'll tape up the side i filled it from partially.. then i'll fill it some more, then i'll tape it up to the top and pump the tape full....

I don't see it being a problem todo it my way... the "wad paper to half-way mark, fill, dry, flip, fill dry" method with liquid urethane, gives you a nice finish but my way is still functional.
ccreech

Post by ccreech »

Why do things half-assed? I could be wrong, but that window glue is never gonna harden enough to do much is it? It is not much more work to take the mounts out completely looking at what you described. If you jack the engine up...you have to take the 2 nuts off of each Mount...if you do that , just drop the subframe...Really easy...and take the 17mm bolt out of the mount then you can take it out of the car and do it with liquid poly which will last and function a lot better in my opinion. I understand you not caring what it looks like, but functionality has to be the reason for doing it right?

This is about like using roofing cement to insulate your car for a stereo system because you don't want to buy Dyna-Mat. It might work, but the idea stinks...literally. LOL!
93 GS KLZE Straight Neck (Parked)
Green Turd of MOCA
Car Domain
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hmm roofing matarial.. I will keep that in mind! haha jk :P
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Cy

Post by Cy »

either way i don't have access to liquid-liquid poly....

I'm gonna play round with this stuff...i have urathane thinner and hardener for paint...if i can get it to a liquid state and get it rock hard SOLID through i'll use that...

And i'm now going todo this on easter weekend because i only work 1 day in the 4 days....which i can get a ride....

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”