possible clutch prob???

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
MX3KEV21

possible clutch prob???

Post by MX3KEV21 »

when i depress the clutch i get a screeching noise from the engine and engine rpms drop sometimes to a stall, the car also vibrates when pulling away. this just happened suddenly. i only took the car out for a spin and while driving at 60mph smoke cae from the engine bay along with a burning smell. i think it the clutch thats f**ked when clutch is depressed now the car struggles to go into gear. the only thing i did before this happened was take off the inlet manifold and replace gaskets. does anyone know what this could be? thanks
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I would suspect the clutch too. Maybe the throw out bearing has gone bad...
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
DizzeeRascal

Post by DizzeeRascal »

speaking of clutches..i need a new one...anyone know of any decent places to go to in the Toronto area?
should i buy the parts myself and have someone else install them?
what do i need to buy?

thx
...like a fat kid on a smartie
lutos

Post by lutos »

what kinda clutch u looking for, I live in barrie and work for a shop, I could prolly get u one
ryan_Fuerte

Post by ryan_Fuerte »

most part stores will carry an oem clutch, for a little more grip, go with a clutch from a probe or mx6, they have a larger surface contact area. I believe there the same as the 94 + mx3's. The 93 and lower use a smaller contact area.

stock clutch is around 125.

_Ryan
Mx-3 GSr : Rebuilt klde with 5spd swap, xtd stage 3 clutch, Magnaflow dual exhaust,Accord custom intake, kyb gr2 struts with eibach springs, civic dual halo projectors, black altezzas, white 15'' oz rims, rolling on dunlop street slicks.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2400330

Return to “Transmissions”