Jansen 310x CD deck install help

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
carpediem

Jansen 310x CD deck install help

Post by carpediem »

Keep in mind, I have never done any car stereo installation befor, this time I installed a cd deck and when I power on the face plate is almost unreadable, very very dim unlit
my more problematic when I drive the volume contorls shoots way up, I slow down and people drive by me and I push the gas anyway the volume raises, and I have to repeatidly turn it down as I am listening.
Also the drivers side speaker makes a poping noise sometimes, and seems to be very quiet compared to the rear speakers

Whats going on with my deck!

the wireing harness has 3 unused wires, 2 red and one blue/"colour" I think the blue/"colour is for the rear speaker because I couldnt find the right colour so I hooked up only 3....or 5 but definalty not all speakers.

please help what could be my decks volume problem!?
94 Mazda MX3RS 1.6L v4 Red
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

did you cut off the factory plug? did you?

if that's the case check http://www.the12volt.com or similiar websites to get the wiring colours for the car. And always test all wires u will be using before you attach you deck.

I'm curious though - does your deck have a rpm sensing volume control or somthing?
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
carpediem

Post by carpediem »

well I tryed installing my OEM tape deck and i couldnt get it to ground, then somehow I managed to fry the damn thinf and blow a fuse at the same time

I reinstalled the jansen CD deck and now when I start my car whith new fuses the deck just keeps resetingh itself noine stop, the speakers make funny noise and I hear a loud high pitcxh noise until I remove the face plate or turn off the deck

what is wrong with my wireing?
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Wiring is my weak point so no advice except maybe to use a site like this... http://www.installdr.com/
Image -Jim
carpediem

Post by carpediem »

Great info thanks everything went well. My install blew a fuse, wrecked my OEM tapoe casset deck/headunit and my front left speaker.
I turned out only needed one new spear, I just bought new 5 1/4" speakers
and instaklled them and my new deck works great. But I was told if anyone was to have speakers installed my 94 MX-3 has stock 6 1/2 but the 5 1/4 can fit also and are usually cheaper.

again thanks for the help everyone

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”