something you should never do

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
slimsmedley

something you should never do

Post by slimsmedley »

just thought i should pass on to everyone that you really shouldn't turn your car on while its in gear and parked in front of a brick wall, even with the handbrake on tight.
$5500AU for respraying, bodywork, radiator, air conditioner core, new headlights+foglights+bulbs, badge, number plate
$500AU for new wall
don't try this at home.... :cry:
1994 Eunos 30x Sports
blaze red, Jap KL-DE 2.5 V6 conversion, KL28 ecu, Auto to Manual gearbox conversion, lightened flywheel, Top Gun leads, aftermarket radiator, Elf engine oil and filters, 2 1/4" cat-back mandrel bent exhaust with carbon fibre/stainless steel muffler and 4" tip, Pioneer sound system, 17" SSW rims, 101.3 wheel k/watts @ 6500rpm
Tropical Emerald 1993

Post by Tropical Emerald 1993 »

:o

you didn't press the clutch or what?
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Faulty clutch switch? the car shouldnt even start when the clutch is not pressed. Remote starter alarm?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
slimsmedley

Post by slimsmedley »

must be the clutch switch, because i tried starting it again without pressing the clutch while in gear and it fires up just like normal. difficult to repair?
1994 Eunos 30x Sports
blaze red, Jap KL-DE 2.5 V6 conversion, KL28 ecu, Auto to Manual gearbox conversion, lightened flywheel, Top Gun leads, aftermarket radiator, Elf engine oil and filters, 2 1/4" cat-back mandrel bent exhaust with carbon fibre/stainless steel muffler and 4" tip, Pioneer sound system, 17" SSW rims, 101.3 wheel k/watts @ 6500rpm
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I dont think so, just replace it. Its not an auto to manual swap is it? its unsafe to have it that way. I did have my maxima that used to be auto and converted to manual. I have the having of pressing the clutch to start it.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

slimsmedley wrote:must be the clutch switch, because i tried starting it again without pressing the clutch while in gear and it fires up just like normal. difficult to repair?
Unclip, clip in new one. That simple. (It's the one behind the pedal, if your wondering). You should check it before getting a new one. It should show continuity when you press it, nothing when you don't.
tysoe

Post by tysoe »

a lot of EU manual cars don't have a clutch switch. Infact I never drove a car with one untill I moved to the US. Chances are Australia is the same as England where I'm from.
slimsmedley

Post by slimsmedley »

i will have to give mazda a buzz to find out if its supposed to have a switch, i don't really know what i'm looking for... But if anyone knows if the AU Eunos has one or not, that would be helpful
1994 Eunos 30x Sports
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

It would be called a "Neutral Safety Switch." They should know what it is.
Cody

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”