My SWAP is coming down

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
aguiloco

My SWAP is coming down

Post by aguiloco »

Hi, you can see my past in that post before begin reading:

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=57792

This is my actual situation:

I got a KLZE from Japan to Spain, I swap it to my good running MX3 at a bad garage with a stupid mechanic. The engine don´t run good and something sounds rare at the top of the IM. the mechanic says "the engine is broken" and I got the car out of the garage. At my city I can´t find any garage or place to check the engine and his installation, and I don´t wanna refund the engine and wait around two mounts to get another one.

I was thinking about the possible solutions and I found that:

Get the car to my house and check it by myself with the help of a mechanic friend. The engine is inside the car and maybe I can fix the problem. I think this the best way to resolve the situation, what do you think about that?

I will be able to post videos or anything to get some help from u if is necessary.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I would have the car towed. If the engine is not running well you want to find the problem before running it much.
A video might help. Let us know what your mechanic friend thinks is wrong with the car.
Like I said before, check the timing, spark and make sure you have fuel at the fuel rail first.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
aguiloco

Post by aguiloco »

I have another question, at the workshop manual they use that images to show how to install the camshafts and crankshaft pulleys, like this:

The crankshaft pulley must be aligned as original image (yellow spot) or must be turned and aligned to the up mark (like red spot)???

And how about to get out the alarm? What wires I have to umplug from? Is a Belson alarm that comes with the car when I purchase it, any idea?
aguiloco

Post by aguiloco »

Take a look at my 3 umpluged connectors, this pair is for the EGR I think, right?

For what is this one gray connector on the transmission side?

When I purchase the car, at the engine fuse box there is a wire where have to had a fuse, see this image:

This wire becomes hot, you can see the plastic burned up, what fuse should be here and for what?

Another timing question, when the timming marks are aligned at the camshaft, the distributor have to get the marks aligned too like this image?

tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

pray tell you didn't leave that gaping hole in your air intake unplugged?
Cody
aguiloco

Post by aguiloco »

I´m looking the engine and have some parts umpluged, I have the tube for this hole, if you look carefully you can see my disty out too...

Anyone can help me?
aguiloco

Post by aguiloco »

looking at the botton of the car I find another surprise, one selenoid valve plugged but without any vacuum line, this:

I think this is the PRC selenoid valve, at the K8 diagram on chilton´s manual the PRC lines comes from the presure regulator to the intake and the EGR system, at the 2.5 diagram is betwen the presure regulator and the intake manifold, and at the car of one guy from my country with millenia ZE the line go direct from the presure regulator to the intake, my line is connected like this too:

What I have to do with this selenoid valve?????
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I dont have tghe prc solenoid valve. I have it connected how you have it.. to the fpr and no valve. The orange connector seems like egr connector? Also you are correct, the first connectors are for egr, you dont need them.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

correct those are egr cables, dont worry about the prc silenoid...

im not sure how to set time.... can someone please help him out on setting time, he speaks little english and i am trying to help him by translating for him... he has asked questions about setting time ... and setting time in the distribuiter... and if it is possible that the distribuiter not being set right can be his problem.... he has checked gas going to the injectors and says he is getting fuel.... please help us figure this motor out !!!!
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
aguiloco

Post by aguiloco »

the question about distributor would be: when timing marks are aligned at the cam and crankshaft what piston should be pointing the disty? the number 4?
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

bump????????
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
aguiloco

Post by aguiloco »

bump??? no te entiendo POWERED, en el manual dice que las marcas del distribuidor tienen que estar alineadas, yo cuando las tengo alineadas y cuando la distribucion esta bien calada arriba el distribuidor esta orientado hacia el cable del cilindro numero 4, es asi como debe ir?

Aun no he conseguido quitar la polea de servicios para ver la distribucion abajo, asi que me he puesto a desmontar la admision y la tapa de balancines del fondo, donde se escuchaba el ruido, a simple vista ninguna valvula esta mal, y todo tenia muy buena pinta, el motor parece que ha sido tratado bien respecto a cambios de aceite, muy limpio por dentro. Mañana seguramente consiga comprobar la distribucion, pero es dificil quitar esa polea...
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

podrias mandar un video????
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
aguiloco

Post by aguiloco »

podria, aunque no quiero volver a arrancarlo hasta comprobar la distribucion, pero me esta costando mucho sacar el tornillo de la polea del cigüeñal para comprobarla. Tengo entendido que en estos motores por el sistema que llevan las valvulas nunca llegan a tocar con nada aunque se rompa la correa de distribucion, es cierto?
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

sierto.... el uniquo tiempo que las valvulas se hacen malas es cuando se desforman...pero si funcionaria el motor solo sonaria de poca madre
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”