help please

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
NYcee79

help please

Post by NYcee79 »

Hi all,
I have a flat and I removed the 4 lug nuts but cant get the tire off I have a 1994 mx-3 with the stock 14inch alloys I seee there is a plate with the mazda logo in the middle could that be the issue.......please help
yence

Post by yence »

Weird, maybe the wheel is rusted to the drumbrakes (assuming it's an RS, since it has 14" 's, probably the steel ones)? Removing the 4 lug nuts is normally all you can do.
Controlled violence might be the only answer in this case?
1995 noble green MX-3 RS (sold)
1994 clear white MX-3 GS (r.i.p.)
1987 white RX-7 FC
1993 mighty grey MX-3 GS
yence

Post by yence »

Forget my previous answer.
I just realized, most likely on or more studs are bend?
1995 noble green MX-3 RS (sold)
1994 clear white MX-3 GS (r.i.p.)
1987 white RX-7 FC
1993 mighty grey MX-3 GS
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Removing logo'd centercap won't help. It covers the axlenut, which you don't need to reach. The alloy wheel-to-hub-mating surface is corroded to your hub. Apply one or more apps of a penetrant spray, like PB Blaster or maybe Liquid Wrench if that's all ya got. Use targeted short sprays right where the hub and wheel surface meet. Let the stuff seep into the area from above. Prbably need to spray some into the wheel lug holes as well cuz ya gotta get that stuff where the corrosiion has set in, which is the hub surface space between each lugbolt. After a minute, lightly tap the surrounding area behind the wheel with a hammer to set up vibrations that let the penetrant work better. Wait at least a few minutes and see if you can work the wheel loose. Careful not to apply force that would knock the car off the jack. Use a jackstand if in doubt. Repeat as needed, several times. If penetrant and kickin the shat outta the tire doesn't break the wheel free, a few easy taps on the metal center area of the wheel with a 3' length of 4x4 pine has gottten the wheel to free up quickly for me. Careful not to mar your finish or break the plastic center cap.
Image -Jim
NYcee79

Post by NYcee79 »

thank you all for the responses I got it off, it was as some of you discribed
the alloy was rusted so it came off with a few hits of a rubber malet.....thanks again.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”