Height Drop

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Timmie_g

Height Drop

Post by Timmie_g »

I Have a 93 GS SE and im looking for a set of drop springs for it, but she is also sporting a set of nice 17's with 40 series rubber.

Just curious to find out how much of a drop can be applied without rubbing (general idea) Im looking closely at a set od B&G's with an apparent 1.6 inch drop all around.

Basically im looking for feedback from people with lowered mx's and 17 inch rims.

Thanks

Tim
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... &start=255

my car is about half ways down.... i have b%g springs with gr2 struts with 17" rims with p205/40r17 tires.... no rubbing either
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
justin22_22

Post by justin22_22 »

1.5" drop on mine I run 205/40/17 with no rubbing
Boris

Post by Boris »

aren't b&gs a 1.8 drop?
1993 1.6L SOHC. Mazdaspeed mounts, BP09 ECU, BP VAF, Fidanza miata flywheel, exedy miata pressure plate, centerforce mx3 disc, tokico struts, B&G lowering springs, and some sh***y motomaster tires.
lowridah313

Post by lowridah313 »

I have a 2" drop on 17's no rub!
Representin' the THRE3:TH1RT3EN
'02 Nissan Xterra SE, atx, 4x4, 32's
'92 Geo Tracker atx, 4x4
Feedback http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f= ... 54&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

Boris wrote:aren't b&gs a 1.8 drop?
ya i got between a 1.8- 2.0" drop with my set up boris.... what did you get with yours?
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
Boris

Post by Boris »

i actually never bothered to measure... quite a significant drop though
1993 1.6L SOHC. Mazdaspeed mounts, BP09 ECU, BP VAF, Fidanza miata flywheel, exedy miata pressure plate, centerforce mx3 disc, tokico struts, B&G lowering springs, and some sh***y motomaster tires.
Timmie_g

Post by Timmie_g »

I was told the B&G's were 1.6 " but wither way as long as there is no rubbing. I have 205/40/17's as well so it will work well. thanks for the input guys
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

have you thought about coil overs? you can drop it as much or as little as you want and you could just keep dropping it and raising it till you think its perfect. takes about ten mins to change hight just jack up a corner undo the alen bolt and spin the perch. peice of cake. just a thought you might want to look into
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Make sure to get an alignment after you change the ride heigth with whatever spring you use. It changes the camber when you drop it and if left unchecked will ruin the tires in short order.
I use ground controlls and love them (coil over). Setting the heigth is more than 10 minutes, but easy enough. Usually takes me about an hour from start to finish b/c you need to measure and make sure all sides are the same heigth once it is back on the ground. If not then you have to jack it all back up and adjust, the remeasure. The actual "correct" way to set coil overs is to have the car corner weighted, but that is more money than most want to spend.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Timmie_g

Post by Timmie_g »

Thanks guys, yea i know to do an alingment after, ill do it with my shop forman after i get them done.

No im not a big fan of coil-overs just because of the ride quality. Its a preferance thing for me.
yence

Post by yence »

I used to have lowering springs as well, now I have coilovers. Even on the hardest+lowest setting it still has better driving quality as just springs in my opinion. If you buy a good set you'll be able to set the stiffness of the struts as well, so you can adjust ride quality to your likings as well.
1995 noble green MX-3 RS (sold)
1994 clear white MX-3 GS (r.i.p.)
1987 white RX-7 FC
1993 mighty grey MX-3 GS
hharb

Post by hharb »

hey yence what coilovers do you have?
yence

Post by yence »

I have AST's, it's the only set you can buy in Holland for the MX-3. It's a Dutch company, no mass production, but they fit together a set for your car when you ask for it. A bit on the expensive side, but great quality.
1995 noble green MX-3 RS (sold)
1994 clear white MX-3 GS (r.i.p.)
1987 white RX-7 FC
1993 mighty grey MX-3 GS
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Hey guys, I am also thinking of dropping my MX3 with 18"s

So Coilovers>Springs because Coilovers are adjustable and have better ride quality?
They are also quite expensive though and if I just plan on a 1.75 drop what would be the point to getting them?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”