Cool Idea

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MechaManZero

Cool Idea

Post by MechaManZero »

Well I am getting an MX-3 for $50 bucks. No one has tried the millenia engine yet so I will. I don't get why people bug out because its only for an auto and the hood clearance. After my BPD swap is done on my MX-3 I am planning on testing out the millenia v6 supercharged aka kj series engine. I will be using the stock wiring and ECU (from the millenia because of the Distributorless Ignition System) and putting a manual transmission in once I get my plans straight. I will debug any myths if there is any. I just think people are scared because the ECU is for an automatic. In a Nissan 240sx, you don't have to worry about the ecu because there are ways to dummy it. We will see in the future. Just posting this because of the MX-3 I will be getting.
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger
Currently: H&R Lowering springs, BPT from a GTR, 18.5x6x3.5 same side inlet and outlet intercooler, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
For BPT Frorums - http://www.aokforums.com/mazdaengines/
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

You missing alot of information. Before investing in that project, you should read this thread...probably change your mind

http://mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t= ... 9e41e053de
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Yeah, that was us (MOCA). Well Greenturd to be exact. The trans bolted right up, every hole. So I would start with the manual G series V-6 trans if I were you. Since two of the motor mounts are on the trans it should make things a bit easier to line up. The motor will be the part that needs to shift if anything since the trans needs to sit in place so that the axles are the right legnth. It looked pretty easy to me, but no one was willing to cut some clearance into the passanger side frame rail. A custom hood to fit the heigth and two custom motor mounts and it is in and running. The b----'n part would be working on it. That KJ is a mess of crap on top.
GL, and I truely hope you get it in and going. It will be fast as all hell for what it is worth.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

Wow the tranny part is now scary.
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger
Currently: H&R Lowering springs, BPT from a GTR, 18.5x6x3.5 same side inlet and outlet intercooler, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
For BPT Frorums - http://www.aokforums.com/mazdaengines/

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”