water pump

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
lucky13

water pump

Post by lucky13 »

A long time ago I was going to change the water pump, and the new water pump that I bought did not match. I did not even have to put the pump on the car to see it was not the right one. The metal cap has 4 screw holes and the new pump did not line up. So I thought I asked for a wrong one, but I asked for the V6 water pump. The thing is I do not know from what car or year my engine came from. I called the company to see if they could help me and they have no clue. Now my car is over heating and I want to change it. Is there a way to find out what exact model my engine came from? I can not just ask for a 93 Mazda Mx-3 V6 water pump cause I tried and it's not the same one.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Take the water pump pully from your MX's motor with you and ask for a MX-6 or 626 pump. They use a larger diameter hole in the pup pulley for some reason.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”