Its a different car at 5000rpm...WHY

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

vris has helped me win a couple of races :) its like vtech :P jk.. funny think today i heard a ricer say.. "yo that guy beat me because my vtech didnt kick in" !!
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
BLANK

Post by BLANK »

can any one help me with my problem? See previous reply... lol thanx
{ 92 MX3 GS, custom and molded drift body kit, custom air intake, 17" Konig holes w/ Fusion HRI, accel plugwires, 2.5" exaust w/ 3.5" race spec. canister, custom interior accents, custom paint }
GtownMX3v6

more speed? I WANT SOME!

Post by GtownMX3v6 »

mine does the exact same thing at 5000 rpm!! you said you wired the vris valve open all the time and it runs alot faster? how do you go about doing this?? thanks!
Spinkx79
Supporting Member

Post by Spinkx79 »

search for the "vris paper test"
Spinkx79
Supporting Member

Post by Spinkx79 »

BLANK

Post by BLANK »

GtownMX3v6 asked how to wire it open...
I know he asked about a year ago, but just for reference, I used a tie-strap and just tied the valve open on the drivers side dash-pot.
:D pretty ghetto I know, but it works for now, till I can get it fixed!!!
{ 92 MX3 GS, custom and molded drift body kit, custom air intake, 17" Konig holes w/ Fusion HRI, accel plugwires, 2.5" exaust w/ 3.5" race spec. canister, custom interior accents, custom paint }
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

I can't remember off the top of my head which rpms the VRIS solenoids kick in at. But I want to say ~3000rpm and ~5000rpm. An easy test would be to get someone to watch the two solenoids as you slowly rev the engine up. The one on the right should kick in at 3000 and the one on the left should at 5000.

Those numbers might be off a little bit, so look them up before testing it out.
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

It's alllll in the manual. Check it.

1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

sigh, ::shakes head:: no one researches there motors anymore, if anyone read about the k series motor they would know why, the reason you dont feel any power till around 4-5k is because the motor is designed for power in the higher rpms there isnt anything wrong with your vris system, its the way its designed. :roll:
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

guys no more false information... vris open all the time does not make you faster... it makes you slower....use the search....i hate to be an a hole or whatever but its a topic we have discused may many many many times.

As far as your problem.... i think you should check to make sure they are both connected ... one silenoid disconected would explain the kick at high rpms.... my calculations say it is the one closer to the drivers side.... check make sure it is connected .... follow the diagram one is blue one is white ....you should be fine after that.... dont expect your car to kick hard.... its a k8... unless you boost ...which i would not reccomend or squeeze which i would also not recommend ......it will be slow...swap it if what you want i speed...
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
BLANK

Post by BLANK »

My vris on the pasenger side dosnt open at all, and the drivers side opens at 5000 rpm. I wired open the pasenger side one and it DID make it acelerate faster. I have no power untill 4700 rpm, then my car nose dives at 5500 rpm. I hate to be a hole as well, but I know what Im talking about in this case. If I leave it closed, it dosnt pull at all, but if I open the first one, I pull from 4700 to 5500...
It nose dives at 5500 because I have other problems with the motor as well. I have a loose HLA, and my o2 sensors are bad, and my egr valve is bad... Wiring open my first vris (because it dosnt work) makes my car accel. faster, I timed it, it does. U may think im just a lil noob about cars, but Im not. Ill admit I need help sometimes, but in this case, it works for me..... :)
Sorry if that sounds cocky or rude, that isnt the intention here.

Any ideas how much vris sylinoids (sp) run??? I need new ones Thanks
BLANK

Post by BLANK »

Also, I know somethings wrong when a GS gets beat by 5 lengths by a 4- banger sohc mx-3...... 3 times in a row Both cars stock, mind u.... and we can both drive and we both got good starts and didnt spin...

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”