Moisture in tail lights

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
rockfordgirl

Moisture in tail lights

Post by rockfordgirl »

I have a set of altezzas on my MX-3 and they are really foggy.. and I just got a set given to me because his were really foggy as well... even worse than mine. So right now I have them in my apt drying until I can figure out what to do with them. one of the tail lights brackets are busted so Im kinda stumped on how I should actually go about siliconing them... and I really dont know which silicon to use. The stuff i used on my tails that are on the car now just ended up coming off... I have pics but I dont know how to post them on here... can someone help me out :oops:
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Swap the half broken ones onto the car. Take your unbroken set and let them dry out 100%. Then clean the area to be siliconed with some paint thinner or acetone to clean the surface. CAREFUL, both paint thinner and acetone will eat or dull the clear plastic covers. Then sand with some 80 grit sand paper to rough the surface of the area to be siliconed. Then apply some general silicone from Home Depot. I would use some clear silicone III in a tube. Let it dry for 24 hours and reinstall in the car. Sell the half broken ones when you are sure your's aren't taking on any more water.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”