Sylvania's SILVERSTAR*

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

i'm running the silver stars in my tuch now and they are far better than whe i had them in the mx the headligh lens is their downfall unless you clean and polish that len at least twice a month your not going to see and change my tuck runs glass lens and without that oxidation on them they are brighter than all hell, also helps that the headlights are so close to the ground anymore .

Reaper
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.
illapino

Post by illapino »

I don't get why anyone is even talking about "saving up for HIDs" ?!?
Haven't you done a search on "HID" on the mx-3.com forum? The mx3 wiring can't handle HIDs. HID lights would burn the wiring !!!

And I have Sylvania Silverstar. It's not a big deal. To me they're just a simple headlight replacement. along the lines of OEM. I've seen Integras and Hondas and even another MX3 running PIAA bulbs, however, and those are something more ... My left headlight is a Sylvania Silverstar, replaced when I bought my car used, and my right headlight is a generic one. To compare the two, yes the Silverstar is whiter while the no-name bulb has the old-school yellow dullness to them, but I don't think Sylvania deserves a big review or anything. It seems like Piaa is where it's at nowadays if you want good light
1992 Mazda Precidia
V6 K8 Engine
boo-mx3

Post by boo-mx3 »

ok i cant comment on the piaa's so i wont, i have no experience with em, but i had the silverstars in my old protege5 and now i have the silverstar ultra's in my mx, and compared to dull crappy stock bulbs, they are great. Personally i dont think HID's are worth the extra eye strain, and i have been a professional driver for 17yrs.
reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

the PIAA blubs are great that is ture but when cost is a factor in the equation the silver star ultras are a better choice i can't justify paid upwards of $100 for a set of lights. but i did find another option out there that i'm currently running in my fog lights now there is a company i found on ebay that sells H3/H11/HB4 9006 lights with a 1watt led configuration they are brighter that my buddies hids on his honda i love them if you have fog lights on your car i sugesst you take a look at these they are working o a replacement bulb for 9004/9007/and h4's so soon i'll have a pair in my headlights as well

Reaper
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”