need help... help me???

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mx-3_turbo

need help... help me???

Post by mx-3_turbo »

Hey i just got a 1992 mx-3 i picked it up for 700(Can). As soon as i drove it i fell in love with it.. This is my first car and i never moded a car befor... I have been working with engeines for a while now and i want to put some HP under the hood... The car is in great condition and runs very well...

1992 mazda percidia
K8-DE
1.8L
24valve
DOHC
manual

Now scince the spring is comming up i want to put some HP in the car. I do not plan on swapping on to a J-spec engeine. but i do plan to turbo or suoer the car.

My question is what mods should i do?? i have a general out line of what i want to do but i dont know what i should do first. I was looking around many websites/forums for parts. if you guys can post what i should do to my mx3 i would greatly appreciate it... i live in toronto and i would love to check out some of the local mx3 tuners...

My (basic) outline(not in order.. just things i wana do to the car)

-lower it 1.5"-3"
-susspension
-cross drilled diskbrakes front and back
-full body kit with a carbo fiber hood
-intake/exaust
-some interior work
-clutch/shortshifer
-turbo/super
-cold air intake
-headers
-rims/tiers
-much much more..

i pan on having this car for a while so i might do a engine swap in a cuple of yers.. so if you can write down on waht i should od to my car /make a list form first to last thing i would greatly apreciate it.. i am going for proformance not as much for looks.

thanks.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Welcome.

/Start

1. Read the FAQ. :)
mab

Post by mab »

heard that before
Nothing like an mx3 project car
hharb

Post by hharb »

yeah, do some reading first, and i wouldnt turbo the car before doin an engine swap, another thing u could do is check the worlog section and see what other members have done with their car and plan to do in the future. anyways after you do your reading and stuff, my advice is to start with the swap and maybe suspension work and then move on to the other stuff, nothing feels better than driving a ze, well maybe a turboed one lol.
ryan_Fuerte

Post by ryan_Fuerte »

Yah man, definetly start wih some simple bolt on mods, like an underdrive pully and a fuel pressure regulator as those you can use when you go turbo. But i would definetly swap in at the least a klde, you can get them off probers and mx6ers for dirt cheap, when they do there ze swaps.
Mx-3 GSr : Rebuilt klde with 5spd swap, xtd stage 3 clutch, Magnaflow dual exhaust,Accord custom intake, kyb gr2 struts with eibach springs, civic dual halo projectors, black altezzas, white 15'' oz rims, rolling on dunlop street slicks.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2400330
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

ryan_Fuerte wrote:Yah man, definetly start wih some simple bolt on mods, like an underdrive pully and a fuel pressure regulator as those you can use when you go turbo. But i would definetly swap in at the least a klde, you can get them off probers and mx6ers for dirt cheap, when they do there ze swaps.
I would not start with an UDP for ur first mods...i mean the money to HP ratio is so bad...i would not get an UDP unless i had done EVERYTHING else and i needed a few more hp.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”