Pic Request: White MX-3 w/ Black Altezzas

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
DJGypsy

Pic Request: White MX-3 w/ Black Altezzas

Post by DJGypsy »

As the topic says, i'm looking for some pics. i've searched the forums and haven't found what i'm looking for. Please, humor me, and post some pics. I've been debating on getting black altezzas for my MX.

Everything I've ever done to my car has always been for function (speed), and never for fasion. I just have an urge to change something about the look of my car.

If you have any other reasonably inexpensive and easy ideas other than the tail lights, I'm open to opinions. There's pics of my car in my profile web page thing.

Thanks!
-Dan
(SOLD) '94 RS, rebuilt B6 DOHC engine & cyl head, ACT clutch, e-bay CAI, 2 1/4" exhaust, wide open resonator w/ stock muffler, H&R springs, Tokico HPs, front strut tower brace, KVR drilled rotors w/ carbon fiber pads, Falken tires, Impostor lightweight wheels, Kenwood & MTX sound.

straights are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Got some here, they look good IMO. BTW check cardomain:

John, I hope you don't mind :)

Tinted lights also look good:

Hot:

Chrome:

Hope that gives you a idea, I have always been very fond of a clean white MX, never really seen one in person cept maybe Dali's. :2thumbsup:
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

all those are nasty except the black alteza's But I personally wouldn't even get those!
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

everyone of of those are HOT cept for the chome altezza's.....there gay

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
DJGypsy

Post by DJGypsy »

thanks for the pics solo_ryder!

I personally HATE the chrome altezzas. they just scream cheap cheesy rice. i'm looking for something that looks like it should have come with the car from the factory, you know, something that flows with the look of the rest of the car. the black altezzas in my mind would complement the black vinyl-rubber door gaskets & trim, and black hatch garnish.

what i did learn from my forum search was that some people have seal problems, causing the lenses to fog. i view that as a simple fix. heck, for $60 on e-bay, i don't mind doing a little bit of silicone sealing.

any other opinions or pics?

here's the real opportunity to flame;
would i be looked down upon if i got the black altezzas and put them on my car? i'd hope to be thought of a little better because i have better taste than doing with the nasty chrome ones. i like the black ones, but i don't really wanna be laughing stock. sure, i could save my money and just leave the stock lights. however, i just feel like updating the look of the car a little.
-Dan
(SOLD) '94 RS, rebuilt B6 DOHC engine & cyl head, ACT clutch, e-bay CAI, 2 1/4" exhaust, wide open resonator w/ stock muffler, H&R springs, Tokico HPs, front strut tower brace, KVR drilled rotors w/ carbon fiber pads, Falken tires, Impostor lightweight wheels, Kenwood & MTX sound.

solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

I know what you are saying. I acctaully ordered a set of black ones for my black mx and they sent me chrome. Still waiting to hear back whether they are gonna saend me the black ones :( IMO the black ones look great on the white car and do not look ricey, just becuase they are not chrome, but the colors seem to flow well. Tinting is another option here or you can do all red tails which is nice
93-Spec-Edn

Post by 93-Spec-Edn »

John's car is very tastefully done. I like it.
92 mx-3 RS RIP | 95 mx-3 GS sold | 93 mx-3 GS SE sold | 95 mx-3 GS present
Bling Bling

Post by Bling Bling »

DJGypsy wrote:thanks for the pics solo_ryder!

I personally HATE the chrome altezzas. they just scream cheap cheesy rice. i'm looking for something that looks like it should have come with the car from the factory, you know, something that flows with the look of the rest of the car. the black altezzas in my mind would complement the black vinyl-rubber door gaskets & trim, and black hatch garnish.

what i did learn from my forum search was that some people have seal problems, causing the lenses to fog. i view that as a simple fix. heck, for $60 on e-bay, i don't mind doing a little bit of silicone sealing.

any other opinions or pics?

here's the real opportunity to flame;
would i be looked down upon if i got the black altezzas and put them on my car? i'd hope to be thought of a little better because i have better taste than doing with the nasty chrome ones. i like the black ones, but i don't really wanna be laughing stock. sure, i could save my money and just leave the stock lights. however, i just feel like updating the look of the car a little.
Watch it. They look great on my ride and does not look cheesy.
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1335558 UPDATED June 6,07
94 GS, Green Envy Pearl QUESTION: Does my car fit the RICE category?
Bling Bling

Post by Bling Bling »

XxantwawnxX wrote:everyone of of those are HOT cept for the chome altezza's.....there gay
They are not gay. Perhaps outdated as the mainstream is carbon/black now. But it compliments what I have done to the exterior of my ride thanks. :x
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1335558 UPDATED June 6,07
94 GS, Green Envy Pearl QUESTION: Does my car fit the RICE category?
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Bling Bling wrote:
XxantwawnxX wrote:everyone of of those are HOT cept for the chome altezza's.....there gay
They are not gay. Perhaps outdated as the mainstream is carbon/black now. But it compliments what I have done to the exterior of my ride thanks. :x
hey sorry man, did not mean to insult ur car, but i just dont like aftermarket chromey clear alterzza's on anything, they always look cheesy to me...like there really cheap. Again not directing ot striaght at ya.

I just dont like em. But as long as you do is all that matters.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
DJGypsy

Post by DJGypsy »

so long as it all flows together, that's all that matters.

you don't want to have some attribute about your car sticking out like a sore thumb.
-Dan

Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

DJGypsy wrote:i could save my money and just leave the stock lights. however, i just feel like updating the look of the car a little.
I though the same thing. I personally didn't like the look of the altezza's, but I didn't want to d any conversions, but I wanted something differernt that stock. The next option are the hybrids. I saw a pic of someone doing it and i immediately fell i love with it. Here's some pics

They looks great at night. The only thing is the oddness of the reverse lights. Haven't figured out what, if anything, can be done to clean them upa bit, but their not bad at all. You can put either type of altezzas, chrome of black. I chose black, and even put a coat of gloss black Tremclad to get the black to show more. Give a tinted look Rx7-style look, without affecting or creating legality issues of having tint on the tail lights. Could as well use the chrome altezza, that'll probably make look almost stock in daylight, but when you use the lights (braking/night), you'll see the difference then.

Just another option for those what want to change from stock, but dont want altezzas or the work of a conversion. The only hard part about this is seperating the stock lenses from the housings...

Ohh, I miss my car :(
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”