where to find a good klze turbo hot & piping

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
mab

where to find a good klze turbo hot & piping

Post by mab »

i have read lots of forums but has anyone found anyone reliable to a kit from?
mab

Post by mab »

any info would be appreciated
Nothing like an mx3 project car
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

I ended up buying a set for the Probe/Mx-6 and then modified them for the MX-3. Came out sweet too.

I also made my own set of intercooler piping for my MX-3, with a nice size front mount.

Pics:
Last edited by Slammed6 on February 10th, 2007, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

holy slammed6 that install looks clean..Makes me wanna boost mine!
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

I was thinking about making an intercooler/piping kit like i have on my car...since no one actually makes a complete Piping kit.
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

is that the vaf on the turbo inlet?
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

very clean, although i might think your the person who stole my se's front lip as i can see yours is purple :)
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

hppwdn wrote:is that the vaf on the turbo inlet?
yes it is

and DAMN that intercooler is huge...doubt ur pushing enough boost to warrent that monster : P

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

Yes it is.

I have read all about different setups, and i personally don't feel that its "smart" to pressurize the VAF, As it was never intended to be pressurized.
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

XxantwawnxX wrote:
hppwdn wrote:is that the vaf on the turbo inlet?
yes it is

and DAMN that intercooler is huge...doubt ur pushing enough boost to warrent that monster : P
Well as of right now probably not..lol. But I am the new proud owner of Rebel2k's Built motor...so i am sure it will be used when i am boosting and putting down 400+ WHP
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

WOOOOOWEEEEEEE :P

man i remember when being boosted was speacial...now everyone and there uncle has a snail under the hood!!!
Last edited by XxantwawnxX on February 10th, 2007, 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

XxantwawnxX wrote:WOOOOOWEEEEEEE :P

man i remember when being boosted was speacial...now everyone and there unly has a snail under the hood!!!
and as soon as you bring me my car i will be special :)
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

muahhuahahah never!

Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Moved to Forced induction section...
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

Slammed6 wrote:Yes it is.

I have read all about different setups, and i personally don't feel that its "smart" to pressurize the VAF, As it was never intended to be pressurized.
I was just wondering what impact, if any, the placement of the vaf would have on IAT readings. Since the IAT is in the vaf and air temp pre compressor will be different than air temp post intercooler. In some conditions the difference will be larger than others. The temp difference could cause the stock ECU to use different fuel/timing depending on the difference between ambient temp (what the vaf will read on this setup) and post IC temps.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.

Return to “Forced Induction”