Power/Manual Steering

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Suzuka 323

Power/Manual Steering

Post by Suzuka 323 »

What's up guys, I'm a ClubProtege.com member and have been for sometime, but I need a for sure answer here. I'm swapping a B6D into my 323 and need to know if the Manual Steering Belt Tensioner on my current motor(B6) will go on B6D in place of the Power Steering pump as I would like to stick with Manual steering or if you know of another way to keep the manual steering when I swap them. If you don't know what I'm refering to, then you probably don't know, so please don't see that as a reason to post comments about doing a different swap such as a BP, I already have a nice little B6D sitting in my garage waiting to go into my 323, I don't mean to be an a--, but so many people have ignored my question in other forums and replied with "Just swap a BP into it" when that's not what I'm looking to do.

Thank you in advance to those that can help!

Later
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

Being and old 323 guy I have a pretty good idea what you are talking about. I assume that you have A/C otherwise you could just eliminate the P/S belt. If you have A/C then the manual steering belt tensioner should be the same on the SOHC and DOHC as it bolts to the block and not the head.
Suzuka 323

Post by Suzuka 323 »

Yoda wrote:Being and old 323 guy I have a pretty good idea what you are talking about. I assume that you have A/C otherwise you could just eliminate the P/S belt. If you have A/C then the manual steering belt tensioner should be the same on the SOHC and DOHC as it bolts to the block and not the head.
Thanks man, I figured as much, but needed confirmation. I appreciate it.

Thanks again

Later

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”