k8 power

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mx3-buzz bomb

k8 power

Post by mx3-buzz bomb »

has anyone ever actually built a 1.8 like im about to build im talking 300 horsepower with nitrous and all the labor will be done by myself. DTM
I wanna go fast
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

hahaha good luck
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

theres a k8 thats around 200 hp but hes turbo tho. Havent seen anything better than that.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

UNLESS you are doing this for the following reasons and under the following circumstances,

1) To be the fastest mx-3 with K8
2) Your getting all the parts for free
3) Your K8 is brand new

Then YOU are an idiot. Plain and simple. Waste of money, waste of time, waste of good parts. Put everything that it takes to make a K8 300hp onto a KLZE and you'll be WAY better off. Honest to god, read around first before you decide 300hp on a K8.

Also why do you want 300 with nitrouse. If your using nitrouse alone, your going to have to competely rebuild the engine, and by the time its solid enough to run a 180HP shot of nitrous hahha, you'd be better of just running a turbo in the first place. If you want nitrouse on TOP of turbo, why not just turn up the boost if you have an engine thats running that high PSI already? Nitrouse is pointless IMO if your already aiming for high hp.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
jdMx-3KID

Post by jdMx-3KID »

VANISHED...play nice....
in other words...just take the motor out.... trust me
FORMALLY KNOWN AS PWRD_BY_HKS....
ZE POWERED MX TO THE THIRD
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

All people are trying to say is that, for the same amount of work and probably cheaper (KL parts are easier to find) you get more bang for your buck. Swapping to a 2.5 is no more difficult than putting the k8 back in after rebuilding it. So why not get the extra displacement while doing no more work.

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
andy

Post by andy »

I must be an idiot. dammit I thought I was smarter than that.

I think I have #1 covered, fastest k8 MX3. I don't feel its a waste of time or money. Everything I have can be transfered over to any k series motors. I do agree that nitrous is not needed. At 12psi your not going to have any traction left anyways in 1st 2nd or 3rd. And if the need does come up for more power, just turn the screw 1 more turn (MBC).
I'm just shy of running A year with this turbo setup and I don't plan on changing engines until this goes boom! and then I might just grab another k8, why not there practically free.

Andy P. 93 GS 1.8T
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

Andy, i could be wrong but i thought you were running a turbo with stock internals on your k8? If you had to pull the motor and were going to rebuild with aftermarket high performance parts, would you not switch to the kl because of the added power for no more work, and hardly anymore more money??

Nate
andy

Post by andy »

Ya, sorry I just reread the first post. My motor is stock not built.
If I had to pull the motor I would Probably try for a cheap KL 2.5 and swap all my turbo components over to it. But if someone were say selling/giving away a K8 I would go with it. I don't know what power I'm at currently, I doubt I'm near 300hp at the wheels.
So if 300hp is all your after then swap a stock 2.5L in there then turbo that or hit it with a 100 shot.
I'm very happy with my K8T

Andy P. 93 GS 1.8T 14.3@105mph w/2.5 60'
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

I was able to peice together a klde complete motor for 125 bucks off probetalk. So if you are going to rebuild, getting your hands on a kl can be done for cheap, and you are starting off with a better platform than the k8.

Nate
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

I have a stock K8 and some time ago, i asked if it was worth to upgrade my engine. The answer was "your crazy... get a 2.5 ... "
I still have the K8, and i plan to get it fixed to almost new stage.
Andy, i really want to keep my K8 ... first because a KL-ZE is hard to get shipped to Portugal and second because i want to keep the stock engine.
I am very interested in your turbo setup, since you wrote that you have stock internals.Please send me a PM with the full story of that engine, in order to get my work on :wink:
K8 :: 136.8 bhp---160 nm---108.0 whp---118lbs/torque
ET: 15.567 @ 136 kmh (84 mph)
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."
mx3-buzz bomb

the k8 is the heart

Post by mx3-buzz bomb »

my k8 is bone stock except for 2.5" straight pipe and a dynomax muffler and has over two hundred thousand miles and still runs better than 2.5's with a little over a hundred thousand miles i am very happy with my 1.8 and entirely support the build of all 1.8s i have heard a lot of people saying they should have a 2.5 stock but i think it is more rare with a motor just for it and the 1.8 fits. people wonder how i win races with it i tell them my car has a lot of heart.DTM by the way all you guys that swapped out their 1.8s if you want to sell them email me at maz_mx3@yahoo.com may be we can make a deal [/i][/b]
I wanna go fast
93-Spec-Edn

Post by 93-Spec-Edn »

andy wrote:I must be an idiot. dammit I thought I was smarter than that.

I think I have #1 covered, fastest k8 MX3. I don't feel its a waste of time or money. Everything I have can be transfered over to any k series motors. I do agree that nitrous is not needed. At 12psi your not going to have any traction left anyways in 1st 2nd or 3rd. And if the need does come up for more power, just turn the screw 1 more turn (MBC).
I'm just shy of running A year with this turbo setup and I don't plan on changing engines until this goes boom! and then I might just grab another k8, why not there practically free.

Andy P. 93 GS 1.8T
Hey man havent seen u on here in ages...how much have u spent on you rk8 so far?
92 mx-3 RS RIP | 95 mx-3 GS sold | 93 mx-3 GS SE sold | 95 mx-3 GS present
Vanished

Re: the k8 is the heart

Post by Vanished »

mx3-buzz bomb wrote:my k8 is bone stock except for 2.5" straight pipe and a dynomax muffler and has over two hundred thousand miles and still runs better than 2.5's with a little over a hundred thousand miles.
Yah your exaust is too big. And your full of crap saying k8's run better than 2.5's? One doens't run better then the other...if anything whichever has the best maintence record or less KM's would take the win.
but i think it is more rare with a motor just in it. people wonder how i win races with it i tell them my car has a lot of heart
yah. and what cars do you race? And no, it's not more rare to have a stock engine. Don't know were that came from.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

I agree with Vanished, I have only seen one 2.5 swap first hand in 5 years since i have owned my mx-3.

Nate

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”