10th Annual Mississauga Mazda meet.

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.

What day should the 10th Annual Mississauga Mazda meet be?

Saturday, June 23
30%
Sunday, June 24
40%
Saturday, July 7
20%
Sunday, July 8
10%

Total votes: 10

Bochek

Post by Bochek »

im allways there to help if it is required, I am going to say make it a sunday so that we can have the cruse to lundy's lane and not have to worry about being the only ones there ;)

I will be there in the mx-3, my dad might have the rx-7 on the road by then.

- Bochek
Adam Bochek's 93 1.6L SOHC http://www.bochek.ca/car.gif
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Molson Indy is July 7-8 weekend, probably not a good idea to have it then
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

mx3autozam wrote: We need a location. does anyone else have any other ideas.
Kelso Conservation Area.
Perfect for gatherings like this.
Food and bathroom facilities.
A 2 minute jump-off from the 401.
Centrally located for the Toronto/Niagara/London members.
Hey, it's Jeff's home town area. :wink:
Perfect start and end point for a cruise.
On the edge of the Niagara Escarpment - so there's tons of nice twisty's very close by to enjoy.
No city traffic to contend with - Saturday or Sunday
Perfect distance to enjoy the roads between there and Hutch's (cruise turn-around point) and back again.
Aside from not being in Mississauga, what else could be better.

http://www.conservationhalton.on.ca/Sho ... CatID=1085
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
kp2t

Post by kp2t »

July is a right off for me... I got lots of family stuff goin on that month..

I might have to miss this meet this year :(
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

When does school end? There's the 23/24 weekend, but there's also June 30/July1st weekend too...
Andrew_Pakula wrote:Afterall you are probably the most senior member of the Toronto Club now.
Just rethinking about that, i'm surprised I'm not a mod.... me, a mod.... HAHAHAHAHA!
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

John....location is Mississauga.....believe that's the general concensus

I agree we don't want to conflict with the Indy since there will b people wanting to go, and at least last year they had a car show at the indy as well, so that's definately gonna draw some ppl away....so i don't think u havta worry krish...

anyone in school know when it ends? let us know
(i would suggest not the July 1 weekend tho)
trimble

Post by trimble »

I'll find out the last week for all highschools and let you guys know. I think college/university ends according to the programs you take and what school you attend ect.
trimble

Post by trimble »

Bad news for highschoolers. Exams start Thursday the 21st and go til Wednesday the 27th of June. I'm crossing my fingers now in hopes of early exams! or an early and a late one at least. This is only the information from the Waterloo Regional Schoolboard though. Other regions might be lucky and have earlier exam weeks. I'll try my best to get out to it though. =)
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Unless we push back

So:
July 7-8 is bad for the Indy weekend

June 30 - July 1st is bad cause it's a long weekend, although Monday is a day off, which would facilitate people wanting to be out late and have to drive home from Niagara Falls (if we go there) Sunday night. It also could mean more people at Lundy's Lane (need confirmation on that), but MMM is about the meet and Mx-3, not Lundy's Lane, so that shouldnt really be something to consider, since it'll probably work against attendance to have a meet on a long weekend. I know this affect the OMM cause it likes to fall on May24 weekend.

June 23 - 24. Good weekend, except for High-Schoolers, which to be honest, is probably a small minority. They could probably still come out to the meet for a few hours, their not going to spend *all day* studying, get out and enjoy a few hours of fresh air. And besides, it's a bad idea to wait to the last minute to study anyway ;) As well, being that young, being out until midnight may be past curfew anyway, school night, exam night, or not ;)

Could always consider June 16 - 17 weekend. Sunday would still be a school night for high-school students, but less pressure on them for exams...
trimble

Post by trimble »

Seems like 23 24 is the best time to do it. I'm sure I can make it out if it's the Saturday. I personally don't care about studying too much. It's my parents who'd be making me stay home. lol. With the long weekend and the indy as the other possible dates. You might as well leave it for the 23 24 for attendance reasons. I agree that the "highschoolers" are probably a very small minority to miss it. And compared to the ones who would miss it on those other weekends I'd say stick with 23 24 for attendance.
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

I would like the 23/24th weekend .... had to change my cottage time for June 7th-22nd cause of weddings in July and August .. sooooooooooo the 23/24th is best for me....

if this happens before June 23/24th .. I may not come up

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

The official Date and times have been set. Watch for a post within the next 24hours!
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”