Sealing front doors from the noises...

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Red_Power

Sealing front doors from the noises...

Post by Red_Power »

Hi! What do you think would be the best way to seal the front doors from the outside noises and how to liquidate noises that are coming from the inside of the doors ?

I've got some noise isolation stuff, i don't think that it has a good noise isolation quality, so i think that i should buy a bituminous one (heard that it's quite qualitative).
Currently i've inserted hand made speaker rims that are made from wood and are about 0,6/0,8 inches thick for my HERTZ DSK 130 speakers (the sound realy changed comparising with/without those rims), those rims are upholstered with the noise isolation stuff (that i've mantioned above) from the both sides...
here are some photos of how i was making the rims for my HERTZ speakers:
http://public.fotki.com/Mielkas/mazda-mx3/
(10-16 photos...)

So, am i going the right way or should i do something differently ? :) :roll:
Last edited by Red_Power on January 13th, 2007, 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

None of your links to the pictures work.
AS for noise reduction, it is going to make the car a good bit heavier. However, a good noise cancelling mat is a good idea. Here in the states we usually use a product called Dynomat. It is a heavy rubber like material that has a sticky backing. Most guys who are in to stereos use it so that the car will not rattle so much.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Red_Power

Post by Red_Power »

Em... I think i'm going to throw out the rear seat & that will reduce cars weight, and i think that the noise reducing stuff that i have weights less than the Dynomat that you have mantioned (if i understood correctly, that Dynomat is the same noise reducing stuff as the bituminous (heavy rubber with sticky backing)). But how i have said before, the weight of the car with that stuff and without the rear seat will approximately be the same as it is now ... :)

After todays work with the front door noise reduction i have another question: I have been sealing the front doors inner side and thought that maybe i should seal the inner side of the outer tin too ... Any advantages/disadvantages ? :roll:

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”