Mazda B-Series/Ford Ranger Online Community?

Other - General Mazda Discussions
Nd4SpdSe

Mazda B-Series/Ford Ranger Online Community?

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I can't seem to find one, but an online site dedicated to the Mazda/Ford pickup trucks?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Here are 2..

http://www.mazdatruckin.com and

http://www.mazdabscene.com

The 1st site has some VERY good mechanics there and they really know their stuff.

The second site is more for modding and lowriding mazda b series trucks.. I have a 1987 B2000 Cab Plus besides my 2 MX-3's.. I dont hang out much on mazdabscene anymore.. but I check in on mazdatruckin every so often. I just checked the Mazdatruckin site and it looks like their forum server is down at the time I am typing this.. but there is a lot of good articles and techs there. Hope this helps.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Oh nice! Thx!

Actually I'm looking at getting B-4000 or Ranger FX4 hopefully early next year, and looking first for it's offroad potential is, nothing insane, but to see if there's some aftermarket stuff to have a little more fun :)
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

thre is alot you can do but the later models with the torsion bars, the lift kits (there is only ) get very spendy and only are 4 inch, then all in the 3 inch body lift and thats pretty much all you get, i have a 01 Ranger Edge 4x4 with the 4.0 SOHC and 5 speed, nice trucks but i wouldnt get a later model for a offroad project but if you just throw a body lift on and some bigger tires they do very well on offroad situations as long as you dont go nuts with em either way, you will love the truck, i love mine
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Actually, I was looking at the 2002 FX4, or the 2003+ FX4 Level II, at least 2001 since that's when they came out with the 207hp 4.0L . I will however get it as an automatic, not the best choice, but for my parents to drive it, as well as towing (especially in traffic), it would be best. I dont know how much I would lift it to be honest, I've never had a truck. I've played in the mud and the snow with the 626 and Mx-3, so even just a 4x4 truyck in general at this point would be alot more fun, so I dont know what I would want more than stock. Could be like the Mx-3, loved the handling and the stock V6, but eventually I wanted more as I got used to it and found it's limits, especially compared to other cars, same thing could happen with the truck. It's not going to be a pure off-road project, it'll have many purposes, but I would love that capability.

Oh, and another site I found would be http://www.offroadrangers.com.
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

hey man, fwiw go with the level II. trust me you will not go wrong. it comes with 31x1.50r15lt tires, its lighter then the fx4 and well its got the beefier suspension. you can lift them nicely with a 4 inch lift and maybe a 2 inch body lift. itd look really nice and you could probably get some 33's or possibly 35's on there and itd look sweet.

I do believe that the 4.0l sohc motors were in rangers before 01.ive seen them in some older rangers. its a nice engine with plenty of power. and well if you wanted more power you could always swap in the 4.6l 3 valve from the explorer sport trac.

if you need anymore help or questions just ask me since i do work at a ford dealership and well could help you find out anything you need.

oh yea the 6.4L diesel that they came out with for the 08 superduty
is amazing. they had one here pulling 33.000lbs!! truly amazing and well they are quiet liek a gas engine.

but ya definately go with the level II if you want a smaller pick up.
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Funny timing for a post of this topic here. I am looking for a newer Ranger too. Well, maybe a MS3, but only if the Fiance wants to Auto-X it. Otherwise a Ranger of some sort to pull the MX around from track to track. I've also been looking for a SC kit if anyone knows of a good bolt on, plumb and wire type kit (everything included). The FXIIs look great and have quite a bit of stuff on them for the price. I only wich Ford would engineer that motor a bit more. ALL of the other manufacturers are making more power from around the same size engines...
Originally I was thinking older S-10, LS2 swap, but I really don't need 2 projects.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Heh.. believe it or not Pat.. for the Older (late 80's early 90's) B series and Rangers.. there are Bolt on Kits for a huge variety of Small block V8's. I have read about kits for Chev & Ford engines & trannies.. only really modding is the drive shaft and tranny subframe mount point. Since my B2000 is a 87.. once I am done dinkin around with my GS.. I may stuff a SBC into it... cheap and probably WAY to much power for such a light truck LOL

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)

Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

95 rs wrote:hey man, fwiw go with the level II. trust me you will not go wrong. it comes with 31x1.50r15lt tires, its lighter then the fx4 and well its got the beefier suspension. you can lift them nicely with a 4 inch lift and maybe a 2 inch body lift. itd look really nice and you could probably get some 33's or possibly 35's on there and itd look sweet.
Actually I posted on the off road rangers site and they 2002 FX-4 is the same as the 2003+ LII, they just renamed the regular "ORD" off-road package Fx4, and renamed the FX4 as the Fx4-LII
95 rs wrote: I do believe that the 4.0l sohc motors were in rangers before 01.ive seen them in some older rangers. its a nice engine with plenty of power. and well if you wanted more power you could always swap in the 4.6l 3 valve from the explorer sport trac.
Yes, I though they were the same, the 2000 and prior 4.0L's were only ~165hp. In 2001, a new revision @ 207hp/238tq is used.

Is the 4.6L suppose to be as easy as a in-and-out like a ZE swap in a GS?

PATDIESEL wrote:Otherwise a Ranger of some sort to pull the MX around from track to track. I've also been looking for a SC kit if anyone knows of a good bolt on, plumb and wire type kit (everything included).
That's one of the reasons I want to get a truck too, tow the Mx-3 around, cause you never know if you break anything at the track :? But I would like a good 4x4 to play in the dirt too 8)

I read there *was* a SC kit for it, but no longer available. If you find anything, let me know, but I was thinking the same thing too.
Tunes67 wrote:Heh.. believe it or not Pat.. for the Older (late 80's early 90's) B series and Rangers.. there are Bolt on Kits for a huge variety of Small block V8's. I have read about kits for Chev & Ford engines & trannies.. only really modding is the drive shaft and tranny subframe mount point. Since my B2000 is a 87.. once I am done dinkin around with my GS.. I may stuff a SBC into it... cheap and probably WAY to much power for such a light truck LOL
You know, I was thinking that, but i'd be worried that the truck is too small & light, run into the same scenario as towing with a Jeep Wrangler (1000lbs)
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

i belive the 4.6 swap would be pretty easy since the sprot trac and the ranger are based on the exact same frame. the 4.6 is the same engine thats in the new mustang just tuned down to 265 hp and something like 250 ft lbs of torque. i think all you would need are the motors the mounts ecu and wiring harness. shouldnt be too hard and a tranny of course. but all in all the 4.0l is a kick a$$ engine. my buddy had a 03 ranger and we cranked up the torsion bars and put some 31s on it and the damn thing wouldnt get stuck no matter how much mud we put it through.

but ya go for it dude.... i actually just bought a 00 s10 4x4 that we just got in on trade at work just because i cant really afford a new ranger. and the fact that we dont have any used ones so ya should be fun.
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I havent really decided if my truck is gonna be a toy or just for haulin stuff. It definately has the potential to be a cool toy.. (though you would never find my truck a low rider) And it would be pretty cheap to do to. And since its a RWD platform.. there are tons of power train options available for it. But.. its not a RX-7 and its not a 67 Nova.. ;) If I get my GS done (including the future DE build) and still havent found my Nova or my 3rd Gen RX-7.. maybe I will get custom on it while I am waiting for my prefered toys ;)

Tunes67

Return to “General Mazda”