i think i broke my gauge needles.! with pix

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
93_MX3 GS

i think i broke my gauge needles.! with pix

Post by 93_MX3 GS »

well. i was installin my white face gauges, and i tryed pryin off my temp and fuel needles, and the came off but they wont go back in ,the lil metal rod is still in the back of the needle ! i read the thread on how to install them in apperence section,where it tells you that if the rod comes with the needle ,its ok but it doesnt say how to put them back in! i tryed pushin pretty hard and nothing seemed to happend. i think the metal rod may have broke?? how long is it suppose to be? i didnt realize that i could unscrew the unit it self from the back,,that would of avoided me taking the needles off...damnit.. ne help apperciated thanks.

93_MX3 GS

Post by 93_MX3 GS »

ok futher investigation reviels ..... yep broken i snaped the lil metal rods that go into the needle and the guage unit itself.. i managed to get the rest of the rod outta the unit. so now i need to get a fuel n temp gauge unit with the needle or mabe just the needle with the rod. hmmm "That's a Shame"

PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I'll sell you a guage pod for 65 and you can take the mechanical parts out to use in your KM guage. (plus shipping and duties) PM if interested.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

when you do them remmber you have to SLIDE the gauges ON. not take the needles out. Place the needles at an 11 o clock position, if not 10. They slide in like that. Its a bit tricky. Best of luck.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

i snapped my fuel gauge earlier this week, is it possible to just buy a new fuel gauge instead of buying a whole new clock set??
93_MX3 GS

Post by 93_MX3 GS »

yea, hec thats wat i orginally did was slide them over but , when i did the needles would stick n jam up when sweeping cuz it was just to thick with the stock black guage faces n the white ones on top.. so i just hacked the black ones out leaving the needle on/in , and then slide them over and installed them as if it was stock faces., now the needles move freely with no sticking.. but i still havent fixed the broken ones.. yea Bruce im not sure if you can buy them new seperatly or not, i havent called around yet. all my money is towards x-mas rite now n im just using my cluster with out fuel or stock temp gauges for now. but atleast i have an alternate temp guage so im not worryed.

Return to “Appearance”