Modifications may Void Insurance

Other - General Mazda Discussions
Red Egg

Modifications may Void Insurance

Post by Red Egg »

end
Last edited by Red Egg on December 18th, 2006, 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

well my company lets me inser my aftermarket parts! =)
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I hav eliability insuranse and everything having to dofrom engine to emissions is illegal in my car hehe its for off road only but they dont know that. They dont even bother to look at engine. If they ever ask.. its the stock engine with 2.5 valve covers hehe . still the 2.5 is legal (de)
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Cy

Post by Cy »

CANADA = WAWANEESA....i think that's how it's spelled....

They're outa Alberta and most if-not all of the broker's don't care about the car...

I got insurance for my car BEFORE it was inspected...they never wanted a picture or anything..
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I've heard stories of both types of insurance issues, in those cases. I haven't told my insurance company of any of my modifications. Actually, when I first got my Mx-3 and finished my CarPC, I inquired with them in covering my CarPC setup, and they said they woulnd't cover it, that they aren't suppose to be in a vehicle and would be covered under home insurance if something happaned.

A few months ago, when I put my Mx-3 back on the road (it was taken off since I was expected to be working out of the country for several months), with my renewal form, where was a hand-written note that they wanted a picture of the car due to it's age. I had a few options, including taking one of many older pictures of my car. I still even had my old rims and hood sitting at my grandmothers I would of swapped for the picture. I talked to my parents about it and they convinced me to keep the as-is for the picture, that they wanted to see that the car was being taken car of. The next day was a conviniently nice day, so I washed the car and did a photoshoot along the Welland Canal. It's been about 2 months now and I haven't heard from them about it. But than again, down in Niagara, we dont have issues with street racing and cops harassing modified car owners, unlike Toronto , Kitchener areas and outskirts where it's an issue for both sides. Plus, my driving record is impecable, so my insurance company has no reason to complain.

Personally I'd rather take the chance and not tell them. I dont want to have a car, parked and basucally use it cause I can't drive it and not get any coverage. Car customizers, modifiers, whatever they call them, have always had a hard time. We can't give in. Insurance companies have alot of power and control, no matter what it is, they will take full advantage of any situation to get money, keep money, or minimize the loss of money. It's a legal government-supported scam that we have little power to do except for standing up for ourselves, and do what we want in this free country.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Red Egg

Post by Red Egg »

end
Boris

Post by Boris »

I hate insurance companies. They remind me way too much of the mafia :x

If you guys think modified cars have it rough, try insuring a modified 4x4 :shock: Those are much more obvious when you throw on a 6 inch lift and 37 inch tires lol. I once tried inquiring about insuring a samurai with toyota axles, and every company I talked to told me they wouldn't even think about it!
1993 1.6L SOHC. Mazdaspeed mounts, BP09 ECU, BP VAF, Fidanza miata flywheel, exedy miata pressure plate, centerforce mx3 disc, tokico struts, B&G lowering springs, and some sh***y motomaster tires.
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

Boris wrote:I once tried inquiring about insuring a samurai with toyota axles
Wern't those the cars that had a tendency to do judo flips?
Red Egg

Post by Red Egg »

end
hharb

Post by hharb »

dude this is freaky, see my old insurance company didnt even look at the mx3 or inspect it, EVER lol, but now my new ZE is modified like big time, and is lowered, but i did not do the modifications, like i bought it this way, i mean whose to say that its "modified" i bought it this way lol. now i understand they cant really nail you for the engine, and they probably wont, but the lowering is a whole different story and honestly its just so damn stupid, now im all freaking about about insurance on the ZE :(
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

Red Egg wrote:We need Public Auto Insurance in Ontario!

Also, insurance companies should not discriminate against male drivers as a group and charge them more. :x It has got to be against the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Why should women pay less for car insurance? Are they going to discriminate against racial groups next?

No fault public insurance is the answer. The lawyers and insurance companies would hate that, but imagine all the money saved by consumers like us.
It's called hedging your bets, go look up how insurrance works. Your comment reminds me of little ignorant 4th graders who say that if they were president they would get rid of taxes cause their daddy always complains about how much he has to pay.
Red Egg

Post by Red Egg »

end
Last edited by Red Egg on December 18th, 2006, 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
hharb

Post by hharb »

springs wear out too :P... and i found some cheap springs, i didnt even know they are lowering springs, are they?? lol
Red Egg

Post by Red Egg »

end
Last edited by Red Egg on December 18th, 2006, 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
hharb

Post by hharb »

wow, i didnt even know such thing even existed, and i live in ottawa, i feel ashamed lol. well my insurance rate in ottawa would be around $4000 on my 92 GS, that's worth 2k all together... i wish they would implement such policy in ontario, but here they seem to be all hardcore about public transportation, well in ottawa i think the city would do anything to get drivers off the road, so lowering insurance rates would not help the city's plans. i could only imagine what my rate would be if i was driving a 3 series or a stang... but again it's one of those things we have to live with, or move to BC, which seems like a good option considering the many good things i've heard about the province.

Return to “General Mazda”