Getting New Mx-3

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Red_MX3_92

Getting New Mx-3

Post by Red_MX3_92 »

Hey guys i curently have my 95 DOHC with a blown engine so time for a new mx and found a 93 v6 gs with 180km the guy wanted 2800 i did a little barganing and he said ok for 1200 cda with a new exhaust, i just need to switch the tires so i was wondering what small problem i should be looking for in the k8 or what should i be looking for in it if all works good i should be picking it up tues...
95 B6DE 5spd H @ R lowering springs, custom exhaust, 5 spoke noname rims, gtr wing, short shift, alpine mrd 1000 amp, 2 15" ma audio subs, panasonic deck, JBL front speakers AND A BLOWN ENGINE!:(
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Sounds like a good deal to me. There are a few things to watch out for on the GS.

The first is the motor with that many k's. I don't know if you plan on swapping it or not, but it may be burning oil. Check to see if smells like it or if you look in the valve cover via the oil cap check out how dirty it is in there.

Another comon issue is the rear caliper likes to lock up when it sits for some time, so see if that is sticking. As the owner the last time the Timing belt and waterpump was last changed as those also like to blow up.

Other then that, there is not much in difference between the RS and GS, the trannies from my experience are abit nothcier then the RS but are tough.

Good luck!
Red_MX3_92

Post by Red_MX3_92 »

The engine purrrrsss like a kitten and runs great no wierd smells or no bluish or white colors from exhaust could use a little cleaning up everywhere tho. it's just got some rust problems on the rear hatch and both sides above the wheel not that bad tho, as for the brakes they're good they didn't lock up, i really liked the rear disc brakes. If i do get it i'll post some pics...
95 B6DE 5spd H @ R lowering springs, custom exhaust, 5 spoke noname rims, gtr wing, short shift, alpine mrd 1000 amp, 2 15" ma audio subs, panasonic deck, JBL front speakers AND A BLOWN ENGINE!:(

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”