Glass run channel

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
franky

Glass run channel

Post by franky »

Heres one youv'e probabely heard before. What on earth can I do to fix wrinkled run channels around doors of my lovely motor? It's a 1993 V6 and I'm in UK. I cannot find any replacement poarts or garages that I trust to do it right.

Help. :?
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

run chanels around the doors of your motor? I don't understand what you are talking about...
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Jacbs2007

Post by Jacbs2007 »

I think maybe he means the wrinkled seals around the edge of our door windows? That's my best guess.
1993 GS
-MS front -functional molded hood scoop
-MS molded sides-shaved antenna
-Civic projectors -New black paintjob
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

thats what i was thinking, just when they stamp out the metal you get one spot of wrinkled metal. only thing would be cut it out and weld new metal in or bondo it smooth.
neutral
Supporting Member

Re: Glass run channel

Post by neutral »

franky wrote:Heres one youv'e probabely heard before. What on earth can I do to fix wrinkled run channels around doors of my lovely motor? It's a 1993 V6 and I'm in UK. I cannot find any replacement poarts or garages that I trust to do it right.

Help. :?
Are you referring to the weatherstrip rubber seal around the window or door frame?
Image -Jim
franky

Post by franky »

Yeah, the weatherstrips are actually run channels (according to Mazda). They issued a remedy to Mazda dealers at the time but none seem to do this sort of thing anymore. It wrinkles quite badly after a few years or so and want to find replacement parts, preferrably new.
While I'm here, does anybody know why MX-3 headlights are so damn poor? What a bad finish to a great car!
666raCing

Post by 666raCing »

funny, i seem to be having the same problem. Is it like this?

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=55723
92 Mazda MX-3 GS
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

Mine are just like that, I'd really like to fix them. I'll paying attention to this thread
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
franky

Post by franky »

Yes, they are just like that. Sorry Iv'e been away for a while but appreciate the pics. I've had two MX-3's and both have had the same problem. It's a shame because they spoil the appearance of an otherwise great looking car. They also cause internal wind buffeting at higher speed.
I thought there would be an answer to it as it's a generic problem. Mazda in UK actually notified it's dealers of this at the time and issued a remedy, but like I said, dealers now don't bother with it. I was told be my local dealer they usually send this to a general windscreen place - not good because they won't have the specific parts. Aaaargh! :x
cashmoneyspeed

Post by cashmoneyspeed »

Both my mx-3's were the same way on both windows. :?
SOLD - 93 GS Custom intake, exhaust, phenolic spacers, port matching, front upper strut bar, 17" wheels, dragon body graphics, black/white interior, sound system, tints, altezza tails & 3rd brake altezza, g-force front

'94 Caprice - rolling fast and low on 20's along with some custom goodies

'86 Regal - Hydraulics, custom wheels, custom paint, shaved, phantom top, leather, power, and lots of chrome

'92 - New import project in the works, should be out in '09
Silkwyrm

Post by Silkwyrm »

Mine are like that too I just assumed I'd have to buy new ones.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

I'm just going to get new ones from MAzda Motorsports. I think they're $100 each side. Kind of a rip-off, but what are you going to do?
Spotted

Post by Spotted »

I had the same problem with my drivers side window. It would keep my window from going up without a fight and I actually broke 2 regulator cables from it.
I finally broke down and bought a new one and I have not had any problems with it since. Well, maybe one problem. I too ktoo long to replace it after I got my last regulator and now the window can be pushed down from the outside of the car.
Oh well. I am plannig on doing an electric window conversion..So..... :shrug:

:welder:
666raCing

Post by 666raCing »

lakersfan, i cant find how to purchase the part off of mazda motorsports. do you have a link i could use to do this?
92 Mazda MX-3 GS
ccreech

Post by ccreech »

You have to show proof of competing in two motorsports events in your Mx-3 before they will let you buy parts from them. You can sign up on their website but again, cannot buy parts until you email them competition results. For most of us that is Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) or some other organizations Autocross Events.
93 GS KLZE Straight Neck (Parked)
Green Turd of MOCA
Car Domain

Return to “Appearance”