A true CAI

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Juans_93_MX3 wrote:I got a really stupid question and dont mean to hijack this thread

I went to Autozone and was about to get a K&N filter but I noticed they are in different sizes. Some are longer then others, others are really short

I know the piping diameter for our cars should be about 2.25 inches for a CAI. However, does the zine of the CAI intake itself really matter?
x2
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
dewthis

Post by dewthis »

WHY DOESN'T ANYBODY EVER UNDO THE ONE LITTLE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREW AND TAKE THAT NASTY BRACKET OFF YOUR VAF
This is my KLo2 VAf that I'm currently running w/chipped K8 ecu. On my Je-50 Vaf I have taken said bracket off and painted it flat black.

The typical intake tubing is 3", there are some manufactures that use 2.25". I don't feel that the size of the tubing is a great factor considering the bottleneck at the TB and subsequent IM. I feel that 3" is better for me seeing that I have a 67mm TB. As far as what size filter, it depends on where you are going to put it. I've had several different CAI set-ups, all were home made, and I was able to use the standard cone filter for everyone except the current set-up. I had to switch to a mushroom style to get it to fit behind the front.
65 shot > V8
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

hey man just a question but why do yoy have a breather on your prv valve it needs suckion and the breather is not doing anything for that ....
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
Philthy

Post by Philthy »

Why open a pcv system at all? Let the fumes recirculate down the intake, the vacuum from the pcv also helps purge the crankcase fumes, and a closed system will keep that pretty engine compartment clean. :wink:
92 MX-3 GS, KL-ZE, OBX headers, 2-1/2" exhaust, XL Performance muffler, AASCO Aluminum flywheel,Pheno spacers,APEXi Airflow computer,Eibach springs,Tockico struts, Toyo RA1 205/50ZR15s, B&M short shifter. MS control arm Bushings, SS clutch line, SS brake hoses
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

thats what im saying
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
ElectronBlue

Post by ElectronBlue »

damn thats a sweet set up.... how long did it take u to get it that clean like seriosuly its like flawless
1992 mx3 gs Klze with Powder coated black Curved neck Manifold. Hot shot performance CAI, ford probe Gt ECU and MAF

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2197073

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”